Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is the difference in price worth it for the SBE2 Waterfowl vs SBE2 Standard?

Default Is the difference in price worth it for the SBE2 Waterfowl vs SBE2 Standard?

Hello,
    I just received my PAL (Canadian Possession and Acquisition License) and I am looking to buy my first gun. I am not new to shooting at all. I have never done waterfowl, but I am interested in giving it a try, I mostly shoot clay.

After a lot of research and advisement, the Super Black Eagle II looks like a fantastic gun, and the Super Black Eagle II Waterfowl Edition only adds to that.

My question is, do the features on the SBE2 Waterfowl Edition($2900) warrant it's $1200 price increase from the standard SBE2($1700)?

The other thing is that, I have a friend willing to sell me a slightly used SBE2 Waterfowl Edition for about $1600, I am trying to be conservative but not cheap, should I be looking for something better at a lower price, or a used standard SBE2?

Extra Information:

SBE2 Waterfowl Edition comes with:
    Rob Roberts Custom Triple Threat Chokes
    Custom Bolt Handle
    HI VIZ Comp front sight
    Paracord Survival Sling
    28" Crio Barrel with lengthened and polished forcing cone

SBE2 Standard comes with:
    Crio Cokes
    Large Trigger Guard
    Heavy Duty Magazine Cap
    Hard Gun Case
    Comfortech Shim Kit

They both come with ComforTech Gel Recoil Pad and Comb insert.
    I am waiting for a response from Benelli to confirm or deny that you get all the standard extra's with the Waterfowl Edition.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to your responses.
    Last edited by Swiftdeus; 05-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.

I wouldn't pay the extra money for the waterfowl edition.
    The stock SBEII will kill just as many ducks.

My shotguns are all black on black. The ducks don't care what color your shotgun is. Save that money and buy some good waders and coat.

elizataylor Guest

Yeah! I love my shotguns so much!

Black stock in flat back will kill just as many waterfowl as camo!

Rafaelbaixesoft Guest

Shotguns are nice...

the precision range is the problem

but close range is the most powerful thing in the world

So, Which one did you buy? My money would have gone with the friends used waterfowl edition.

I killed many more ducks with my trusty SBE than with the SBE2 that I own. i would not spend extra for waterfowl as ole black does just as well.I would spend some of that savings on a Sure Cycle system as it DOES make a difference in cycling & reliability in a wet duck blind!!

Based on the info you've given...the used Waterfowl Edition is a $100 cheaper than a new SBEII. If the Waterfowl Edition is in great shape...buy it! You really won't notice much of a difference between the two but heck, if you get the gun with all the bells and whisles you'll have $100 left to buy shells or accessories.

Don't buy a benelli camo dipped gun. Every one I have ever seen has start chipping and peeling. Rediculous that they cannot fix it on a $1500 gun, but mossberg can on a $400.00 one.