Is the difference in price worth it for the SBE2 Waterfowl vs SBE2 Standard?

Swiftdeus

Hello,

I just received my PAL (Canadian Possession and Acquisition License) and I am looking to buy my first gun. I am not new to shooting at all. I have never done waterfowl, but I am interested in giving it a try, I mostly shoot clay.

After a lot of research and advisement, the Super Black Eagle II looks like a fantastic gun, and the Super Black Eagle II Waterfowl Edition only adds to that.

My question is, do the features on the SBE2 Waterfowl Edition($2900) warrant it's $1200 price increase from the standard SBE2($1700)?

The other thing is that, I have a friend willing to sell me a slightly used SBE2 Waterfowl Edition for about $1600, I am trying to be conservative but not cheap, should I be looking for something better at a lower price, or a used standard SBE2?

Extra Information:

SBE2 Waterfowl Edition comes with:

Rob Roberts Custom Triple Threat Chokes

Custom Bolt Handle

HI VIZ Comp front sight

Paracord Survival Sling

28" Crio Barrel with lengthened and polished forcing cone

SBE2 Standard comes with:

Crio Cokes

Large Trigger Guard

Heavy Duty Magazine Cap

Hard Gun Case

Comfortech Shim Kit

They both come with ComforTech Gel Recoil Pad and Comb insert.

I am waiting for a response from Benelli to confirm or deny that you get all the standard extra's with the Waterfowl Edition.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to your responses.

Edited by Swiftdeus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rafaelbaixesoft

Shotguns are nice...

the precision range is the problem

but close range is the most powerful thing in the world

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I killed many more ducks with my trusty SBE than with the SBE2 that I own. i would not spend extra for waterfowl as ole black does just as well.I would spend some of that savings on a Sure Cycle system as it DOES make a difference in cycling & reliability in a wet duck blind!!

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the info you've given...the used Waterfowl Edition is a $100 cheaper than a new SBEII. If the Waterfowl Edition is in great shape...buy it! You really won't notice much of a difference between the two but heck, if you get the gun with all the bells and whisles you'll have $100 left to buy shells or accessories.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't buy a benelli camo dipped gun. Every one I have ever seen has start chipping and peeling. Rediculous that they cannot fix it on a $1500 gun, but mossberg can on a $400.00 one.

I bought a Mossberg turkey gun last year and it was chipped right out of the box.

A little chipping isn't going to hurt a camo dipped gun in the least.

If you want a showpiece buy one. These are working guns.

• 4 weeks later...