Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

1. Default

So I contacted Trijicon re: the NV compatibility of the RMR and the lady in CS advised me that a NV device such as a PVS-14 needs to go IN FRONT OF the RMR.

Now I'm wondering if there is a mount for the PVS-14 which will get the PVS-14 low enough to be inline with the RMR when both the PVS-14 and the RMR are mounted on the Scalarworks rail. Anyone know?
    Speed is life. --unknown

Learn to take your time in a hurry. --Wyatt Earp

Peace through superior defensive firepower.

If you find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck. --unknown

I've never seen a psv-14 mount that low.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
    I've never seen a psv-14 mount that low.
    That's what I was thinking - I suppose I'll just stick with the T-1. It's pretty durable.
    Speed is life. --unknown

Learn to take your time in a hurry. --Wyatt Earp

Peace through superior defensive firepower.

If you find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck. --unknown

The T1 seems to have a lot more night vision settings as well for putting the optic in front of the NVD.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi_fan View Post
    ......Now I'm wondering if there is a mount for the PVS-14 which will get the PVS-14 low enough to be inline with the RMR when both the PVS-14 and the RMR are mounted on the Scalarworks rail. Anyone know?

Not possible......you will never get a PVS-14 as low as a RMR
    NRA Endowment Life Member

I got the mount the other day. The machining is great and fits the RMR perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
    I got the mount the other day. The machining is great and fits the RMR perfectly.
    How is the partial co-witness: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 3/4.... The angle and movement in the video make it difficult to judge the resulting sight picture. Your insight would be greatly appreciated! I'm still on the fence with going to an RMR over my current T-1.

I can't give a good assessment since it isn't mounted yet. I just kicked it up on mine. I don't have the weapon it is intended for since its sitting at the exporter. Since I don't have a FFL yet, I can't take possession of the serialized parts.

It's hard to say which is better. I have three T1's on M4's. The T1 seems tougher and requires less interaction. You can leave it on for years where as the RMR uses the exact same battery and has a much shorter use life. There is a lot less bulk and weight with the RMR though. Both feel plenty tough to take impacts. There is a lot less visual obstruction from the RMR than the T1. You don't have the large tube or the adjustment knob to see through. Being able to use the irons through the RMR is also a plus.

For popping bad piggies, I think the RMR is the way to go. I kind of want to switch mine out for t1's. I just don't want to hassle with selling my existing 4moa units. This mount is the absolute best for mounting an RMR.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post

Hi everyone. Some of you may have seen coverage of our new light-weight Aimpoint Micro mount on the popular mil and firearm blogs, but we would like to introduce you to our Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4.

The Scalarworks Benelli Optic Rail for Trijicon RMR sights (BOR/RMR) is the lowest profile and lightest means of mounting a Trijicon RMR to a Benelli m4 shotgun.

Scalarworks BOR/RMR key features:

• Improves sight picture by placing Red Dot Sight just above Benelli m4 factory iron sights.
    • Streamlines Benelli m4 profile as compared to using a separate Picatinny mount.
    • Weighs only 1.15oz. lighter than even the bare Benelli m4 rail.
    • Provides eight MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny slots for mounting accessories.
    • Compatible with all Trijicon RMR sights (RM01-RM08).
    • Limited Lifetime Warranty.
    • Made in USA.

Visit the BOR/RMR product page for complete details.

The BOR/RMR is available right now from https://scalarworks.com with an MSRP of $119.
    I have sent a few messages about availability......are these in stock and ready for shipment?
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by M2_shootr View Post
    I have sent a few messages about availability......are these in stock and ready for shipment?
    They promptly shipped the one I ordered a week or so ago.