Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

Got mine in last night. What an outstanding revision this is. The machining and design input is outstanding. Capturing the foot of the light body of a IWC backbone is the best. It's not moving unless you want it to. I like the move to the MLOK rail rather than the picatinny rail. It's a lot more low profile for users who do not have anything to mount there. I'm going to build a few M600IB variable output lights together for these with a backbone replacement body. A McClickie tailcap will be needed. The shroud of a Scout light tailcap won't fit due to how close the light rides. It can be lathed off though.

I received the mount and Doberman light combo last night. Installed both today they are are great. Super easy install and everything fits and works perfect..Thanks for another great product. Sorry that the photos do not do this justice. I am a terrible photographer..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PCKLST; 11-13-2016 at 06:27 PM.

3. Default

Thanks Gents.

Pcklst... what do you think of the doberman?

The threads are trapezoidal, which is better than 99% of all flashlight brands out there. Coincidentally, the square back on the tailcap is PERFECT for the AVA mount, because much like a Scout style light it is completely captive.

I've had a doberman on a M4 for over 6 months now and been beating the living heck out of it testing. It is a great light from what I can tell, and bright to boot.

AVA

AVA Tactical Benelli M4 Mounts: www.AVATactical.com

4. Default

Received an AVA Mod 1 mount yesterday evening. Over the years I’ve tried all the different Benelli M4 weaponlight mounting solutions, including Surefire M80, CDM Gear MOD-C, BLAM4,AVA Mod 0, and now the AVA Mod 1. IMHO,the Mod 1 is an outstanding solution to the M4 weaponlight & forward QD sling mounting problem, easily the best to date. Most M4 owners are very familiar with the AVA Mod 0 and so I’ll focus on what is different with the Mod 1.

1. Fit & finish: The Mod 0 had pretty good overall design, machining, and finish. The Mod 1 takes it up a couple notches with alignment nubs / lugs at mating surfaces for precision alignment and gap-free positioning. The finish is impeccable and equal to other high-end aftermarket weapon accessories.

2. Design: Several big improvements on the Mod 1.

a. The most obvious being the Mod 1’s M-LOK slot in place of the Mod 0’s Picatinny Rail. I never liked the 1913 rail on the Mod 0 as I disliked the lightening channel machined into each slot due to it possibly causing compatibility issues with some accessories, such as LaRue QD mounts. The Mod 1 is a much cleaner & snag free arrangement.

b.
    The mount assembly is machined to perfectly host an aftermarket (Arisaka or IWC) Scout body rear mounting boss. This is great as these aftermarket Scout bodies are widely available for around $50 and results in an absolutely solid lockup.

c.
    The 1” and 0.8” light body rings and other mating surfaces are machined such that there is greatly increased “gripping surface” between the light body/ tailcap and the mount & mount ring. I included several pics below showing the 1” ring in use (light is a Surefire 6P w/ Z59 tailcap).

d. The top part (near barrel) of the AVA Mod 1 does not touch the shotgun barrel. It “floats” around it with about 0.5mm equal gap all around. I tried to capture this is a pic below.This is nice as the Mod 0 version could mar the barrel finish…a non-issue on the Mod 1.

e. Lightweight. Including all hardware, total weight is 1.96 oz on my scale with the 0.8” ring or 1.98 oz with the 1” ring.

f.
    Bezel Clearances: As you can see in the pics, the clearances for weaponlight bezels has improved and the system now accommodates the excellent Surefire Fury line with its larger 1.37” bezel. The SF 6P light in the pics has a 1.25”bezel.

3. Overall thoughts: I really like the Mod 1. I think it represents a major improvement over the Mod 0 which was already the best-in-breed weaponlight mounting optionfor the Benelli M4. Tons of flexibility to accommodate a wide spectrum of relevant weaponlights. Very well done! A nice extra is that it now includes both the 1” and 0.8” rings at no addl cost.

5. Default

More pics...

6. Default

And a few more pics...

7. Default

Hello Everyone,

I recently received my new AVA light mount for my M4. I currently utilize the Fenix PD 35 tactical flashlight. I think the mount is great! However, I do have a concern. I mounted the light on the left side of the shotgun. When activating the light, the flashlight casts a shadow to the right side of whatever I'm lighting up. Of course, this is due to the barrel, etc., which blocks the flashlight's emit. Any resolution? I want to be able to see everything lit in front of me. I've included a photo of how my light is mounted. Please see attachment.
    Last edited by Four_Fifth; 11-20-2016 at 02:33 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Four_Fifth View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I recently received my new AVA light mount for my M4. I currently utilize the Fenix PD 35 tactical flashlight. I think the mount is great! However, I do have a concern. I mounted the light on the left side of the shotgun. When activating the light, the flashlight casts a shadow to the right side of whatever I'm lighting up. Of course, this is due to the barrel, etc., which blocks the flashlight's emit. Any resolution? ..........
    Lengthen your light 4" or shorten your barrel 4" !

Quote Originally Posted by AVATactical.com View Post
    Thanks Gents.

Pcklst... what do you think of the doberman?

The threads are trapezoidal, which is better than 99% of all flashlight brands out there. Coincidentally, the square back on the tailcap is PERFECT for the AVA mount, because much like a Scout style light it is completely captive.

I've had a doberman on a M4 for over 6 months now and been beating the living heck out of it testing. It is a great light from what I can tell, and bright to boot.

AVA
    The Doberman light appears really nice..Very good fit and finish, and yes bright. We will see over time how it holds up. Thanks you again for putting out an excellent product.

10. Default

Just received the AVA Tactical Mod 1 Benelli M4 mount. I won't repeat all the aforementioned accolades, just confirm them ! The machining, fit / finish is excellent. I plan on trialing several light options in the next few weeks and will post up some photos.

Thanks again to Joel for his business fortitude in delivering another quality M4 accessory to the marketplace.