Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

1. Default

I received the Mod 1 mount yesterday !! Beautifully Machined . I got it because I wanted to use my Surefire M600 InteliBeam light head which did not fit with the Mod 0 . The IntelliBeam sensor sits on the opposite side of the barrel as shown in the pics below. The sensor functions perfectly and is NOT affected by the shadow of the barrel .Even the shrouded tail cap fits , FANTASTIC MOUNT

20161127_100658.jpg20161127_100619.jpg20161127_100624.jpg20161127_100751.jpg

XChief -
    Thanks for the review and comments on the intellibeam light.

3. Default

Thanks XChief.

Very interested in your feedback on the intellibeam as well, if they go to full brightness and back down when pointed a near wall, etc - without any issues related to reflected light back off the arm itself. I may carry them if they work properly. Right now I use all single mode tactical lights to keep things simple.

Also not sure exactly how you have clearance there with that tailcap, I rechecked with a e Series body and a scout body -all the flared tailcaps I have from surefire interfere with the barrel hanger. Is it forcing your light emitter closer to the mag tube/barrel as a result?

AVA Tactical Benelli M4 Mounts: www.AVATactical.com

4. Default

Joel:
    Here is a picture if the Intellibeam Sensor , it's the little black tube inside the lens housing :Intellibeam sensor.jpg I tried it inside my house in the pitch black, white walls, mirrors , seems to be functioning as it's supposed to . You need to mount it OPPOSITE the barrel side of the light .

The lighthead itself has "Lugs" on it lugs.jpg. When I mounted the light I made sure the one of the "lugs" was between Mag tube

and Barrel Lug betwwen barrel and mag tube.jpg it fits perfectly and rest against both of them .

The shrouded tailcap fits !!! it sits against the hanger right after the black plastic forends . I took a top view and side view for you top view tailcap.jpg Side view Tailcap.jpg. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it works !!!
    Last edited by Xchief30; 11-28-2016 at 09:45 PM.

So I finally got a chance to install my Ava mount on my M4. It went on fine, and as others have mentioned the mount itself is finished off very nicely and looks great. I am using a Surefire P2X Fury Tactical light (600 lumens). I inserted the light into the mount before tightening down the screws all the way, and discovered that when I rotated the light slightly, the mount captured the tail cap of the light, so there was no forward/rear movement, even before the final tightening of the screws. I don't think this was mentioned any where, but is a plus, because there is no way the light can move under the recoil of the gun. Additionally, there is enough space between the barrel/mag and the front of the light, to be able to unscrew it​ for battery changes etc. I am wondering if the body of the light will stay screwed into the tail cap under recoil? As others have also mentioned, the barrel and mag do create a shadow when the light is on, but this in no way impedes the overall functionality of the light. I am very happy with this setup. Here are some pics. Note my brand spanking new titanium mag tube from Kip and Marcy at Carrier Comp, which I also just installed. The only other mod is a Mesa Urbino stock w/riser & Limbsaver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

Thanks gentlemen.

Pleased you are happy with the results!!

I like the new version of the fury much better, not only is it knurled but as you mentioned the feature fits right into the void built into the mount and locks it in place. Although we tested it with the original smooth fury as well and it would not move even when using 3" slugs.... we wanted to eliminate any possible slipping.

7. Default

Not a photochop...

With surefire fury, G2x or other lights, if you want to eliminate all barrel shadow.... that can in fact be done...

Have a salvo 12? We can eliminate suppressor shadow as well? How long of a light do you need?............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

Email me if you are interested.
    Last edited by AVATactical.com; 12-06-2016 at 09:06 PM.

What a work of art, simply beautifully designed. Well done., congrats to you M4 owners.

9. Default

To shamelessly quote myself, Post #18......"Lengthen your light 4" or shorten your barrel 4"

First solution, nicely Done !

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by QMaze View Post
    What a work of art, simply beautifully designed. Well done., congrats to you M4 owners.

Awe Shucks!

Thank you sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by benelliwerkes View Post
    To shamelessly quote myself, Post #18......"Lengthen your light 4" or shorten your barrel 4"

First solution, nicely Done !

Here is a side by side of a standard light and the longer light that gets you to barrel length. You can also choose to go somewhere in between - to reduce but not eliminate shadow, there are several lengths of extensions available.

These extensions are Surefire 6 Series compatible and also fit the P2X Fury (new) series.

You can add batter life by doing this as well.

Won't be for everyone, but if barrel shadow is a pet peeve this is a viable solution.

http://i.imgur.com/xtfv3Hg.jpg

PRICING

$35.00

Chose 1-4 Cell Extension. Each cell is ~1.3 Inches.
    4 Cells allows you to get your emitter flush with the barrel.

Each extension will come with Dummy Cells to maintain default voltage.

This is a special order item. Please email us to order.
    Last edited by AVATactical.com; 12-07-2016 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added picture