Hello from Washington, D.C.

DC DOG

Hi All: New member who lives and works in DC (yeah, I know). Been lurking for awhile. Outstanding information on this forum. Stranger Danger, I've used your stuff many times (thanks)! ;)

[video=youtube_share;ziFCsQ9nZh4]

Edited by DC DOG

Appreciate the shout out. Are you limited to slugs at that range?

Next time you go, try pushing forward with your support arm and pulling tocthe rear with your strong hand. Make sure the butt is seated in the pocket between your chest and shoulder and aggressively lean in to it with your stance. Nothing overly exaggerated, just so that the weapon has nowhere to go but in to you. With a little practice, you'll find the follow up shots to be a little faster and a lot less muzzle rise.

Hey brother, thanks for the nice reply and welcome.

Great advice, BTW, and almost exactly what I told my 16 year old nephew who was doing the shooting. It was only his second time on the weapon and I like getting him adjusted to it before making improvements. I used to be that young, LOL! Yes, only slugs on that range and only at 25 yards. It's a great place, with range safety officers and top notch equipment.

I'm glad you responded because I was going to post a question. I read your EXCELLENT advice about how to install the 7 round magazine on the M4 and I'm planning on ordering one. I've been reading about (respectfully) what's happening at Carrier Comp and I was wondering if you had any insight as to their production/supply? I have a dark earth Cerakoat model and need to order the same style mag. Their website indicates it's available to order (I'm in no hurry for delivery), but I've had a previous unhappy experience with another website firm in a similar situation. NOT saying that applies here, just looking for any insight? THANKS!

The sooner you order the better. They changed how they bill, so you won't be charged until it's ready. They're by far the best and only option for your dark earth model.

I've bought a lot of their magazine tubes over the years. Probably close to 50 now. Never had any issues other than having to wait.

Welcome to the site. I'm just across the Potomac from you and also own an M4. Have had mine for over a year and have done many mods (including the CC tube). Let me know if I can help with your installation or if you want to try out some mods before you invest. Here is my CC tube with a three round Nordic extension (on the left). This gets me to 10 in the tube plus one in the chamber and one ghost loaded for a starting total of 12. I sue mine for 3-gun competition. The front (and rear) sight has been removed for a clear view thru a Trijicon RMR.

FN SLP 3.jpg