Returning to the UK

skippy

Hi

I am a UK citizen who visits the USA for approx 6 months each year and has firearms of all types in the USA. I have a benelli Supersport which I would like to take back to the UK.

Unfortunately in the UK semi-auto shotguns are limited by law to a maximum capacity of 2 cartridges in the tube plus 1 in the barrel, 3 shells in total. (unless you have a firearms (as against just a shotgun) license with special amendments for multi round shotguns). This is checked by customs officials on the way in and added to my registered shotgun certificate list at the same time (ALL fireams are registered and licensed in the UK)

The amendment to the capacity needs to be permanent

Can I buy a replacement tube in the USA which would restrict rather than extend the cartridge capacity?

Thanks

Spot weld, or otherwise block the oem magazine tube.

You could slip a tube down the ID of it and tack weld it from the outside to hold the spring/follower closer. Probably wanna chop the spring maybe. Not sure "how" permenant you need. You could then pin this too the receiver if they're being cocks about it. Although I wouldn't do a lick more than they absolutely requested.....

Laws are very strict. Shotgun license (which I have) allows semi autos with max 2+1 shells. Any other semi auto requires a special firearms license which is an absolute nightmare to get (police visits, interviews, references, doctor's report and a good reason to own one)

Needs to be a permanent alteration, that is, not reversible

In the UK the tubes are made to UK spec. Any idea where I might get a UK spec tube i the USA?

• 3 weeks later...

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a UK spec tube. It is just a normal tube which has been crimped. Remember the tube which needs to be crimped is the one attached to the shotgun; not the extended tube.

Laws are very strict. Shotgun license (which I have) allows semi autos with max 2+1 shells. Any other semi auto requires a special firearms license which is an absolute nightmare to get (police visits, interviews, references, doctor's report and a good reason to own one)

Needs to be a permanent alteration, that is, not reversible

In the UK the tubes are made to UK spec. Any idea where I might get a UK spec tube i the USA?

Also as your shotgun did not come crimped from the factory, it will need to be sent to a proof house. The most convenient process is to ship the shotgun to a local Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) in the UK and they will crimp it and get it proofed.