WTB: Carrier Comp charging handle - I'll pay double

forzArmata

I'll kick myself whenever another run of handles is done! I'd kind of feel bad if I gouged someone that badly, what is that, 900% markup? I tried to finance 500 of them from carriercomp to motivate them to do another run - went nowhere. :(

Why doesn't FFT or TTI make these correctly? I mean those guys are in the business of making these kinda parts. I'm surprised they haven't stepped up since a market exists.

I'll kick myself whenever another run of handles is done! I'd kind of feel bad if I gouged someone that badly, what is that, 900% markup? I tried to finance 500 of them from carriercomp to motivate them to do another run - went nowhere. :(

Thanks for trying....

Its a pain in the dick to make them out of two different materials. A rigid steel shank and a titanium knob portion with absolute perfect knurling. Then I assumed press fit together and possibly a few magical incantations. Then putting finishes on the knob and shank are different. Parkerizing on the shank and maybe ion bond on the knob.

The transition point between the titanium knob and the shank is so perfect that you can't even see a transition point. No line or obvious interface of the parts. I don't if they put some kind of epoxy to mate the two pieces together or if it's simply a tension fit.