Paper or Plastic?

Unobtanium

Well, more like aluminum or plastic. I am only aware of ONE OTHER aluminum trigger group in existence right now that is purchasable. Numrich is out, and so is Brownells. Looks like it's going to be "Plastic or Plastic" from here on out.

Being as I got one of the last metal FCG's, here are the differences in picture and in print.

-The metal FCG is 1.1oz heavier.

-The metal FCG uses oxide finished flat-ended trigger pins, and the plastic uses SS or chromed rounded-head trigger pins (looks like M2 FCG pins carried over...)

-The polymer FCG has additional structures.

-The polymer FCG is much easier (almost the same as with it off) to cock the hammer on with the safety engaged. (sample of one...)

Here are the photo comparisons:

20170803_105032.jpg

20170803_104804.jpg

20170803_104829.jpg

20170803_104904.jpg

20170803_104923.jpg

How much they asking for it?

$290 bucks. I have mine, if you want or need one, I would encourage its purchase. It may or may not end up like that. The polymer unit is likely functionally just fine. The CC CH is what it is, because it is the only one of its kind, functionally.

Great thread.

I just got an M4 sbs out of NFA jail. It has the plastic triggerguard/assembly.

I wanted to swap out the collapsible stock for a pistol grip stock (I hate the cs cheekpiece).

What a pain. The plastic trigger group would not fit into the receiver fully (pin wouldn't sit flush against receiver all the way)

with the pg stock. I had to lightly sand the pg and and parts of the plastic triggerguard (rear half moon tab) to get everything to seat rearward in the receiver properly.

Anyone else have this issue? Other than that, it seems durable enough what with all of the manhandling I put it through.

I wonder if the aftermarket will come up with a metal solution . . .

edited: Also, I have owned 5 M4s. This one has by far the worst trigger of any M4 or long gun for that matter that I have seen. No creep but I kid you not probably a 12 lb pull. I have a Wolff spring kit on the way. Fingers crossed.

Edited by 12508

Trigger pull on my plastic fcg was slightly better than on my metal one.

The plastic has less material at the stock end, and has more material over the hammer, and shows more machine marks but less flashing, in photos above.

I'm gonna hold you down and pull a tooth out your head!

The bottom one in the pix is the metal FCG?

I'm wondering about mine, it looks kinda like the bottom group but does not have that decoration on the bottom of the Finger guard.

Mine really doesn't look like either one of yours you have pictured.

Edited by les_garten

Les:

The trigger group with design on the bottom of the trigger guard is the metal one.

The dark black one with the plastic mold mark down the center is the poly one.

12508:

It's VERY doubtful the aftermarket can find economies in making a aftermarket metal FCG housing for these unless they were to make some other meaningful desired improvements for the enthusiasts that would mean some would also replace metal FCGs they have with this new super FCG.

Unbotanium:

Are you back to building an M4?

Les:

The trigger group with design on the bottom of the trigger guard is the metal one.

The dark black one with the plastic mold mark down the center is the poly one.

That's what Has me confused. Mine doesn't look like either one.

It looks very similar to the metal one, but not the same, and feels like Plastic. It is also Dark Black. It is definitely not like the Poly one in the PIX

I'm gonna hold you down and pull a tooth out your head!

The bottom one in the pix is the metal FCG?

I'm wondering about mine, it looks kinda like the bottom group but does not have that decoration on the bottom of the Finger guard.

Mine really doesn't look like either one of yours you have pictured.

Bottom one in pics is metal.

Yes, I'm back to an m4, and yes, there are aftermarket aluminum trigger guards currently on the market for the m4.

My gun is a stock LE gun, in regards to the FCG. I think the Guard is Poly, but it looks very similar to the metal one you had in your post, but not quite the same.

• Upvote 1

I blame Unobtanium for pointing me to the new A&S trigger guards for the Benelli M4. I grabbed one to test earlier this week. It just got here today.

We're looking at a US made part for those that care. It has an enhanced ramp on the front face of the trigger guard for loading two rounds at a time. The fit and finish of the unit is far better than the OEM aluminum trigger guards. The finish is a high polished finish with a dark gray appearance.

I'll try to upload a few pictures, but with Photobucket probably heading to Chapter 11 bankruptcy, we're stuck with the hosting service here. I installed the unit on my H20 Extreme with the beveled out magazine well and a TTI lifter.

https://aandsengineering.wordpress.com/page4-2/