Installed FFT/Wolff Springs- no change in trigger pull

Just as the title says . . .

I have an M4 with a horrible trigger pull. No creep but extremely heavy. So I installed the FFT/Wolff spring pack. No change. Ok, the break is a tad better. Was I expecting too much? I thought it was good for a 2lb reduction.

Several years ago I installed an FFT hammer in another M4 for 922r and it did lighten things up. I suppose I have to go that route again? FFT no longer sells them separate though. Not sure I want to drop another $200 on their hammer/trigger bundle.

Any thoughts? I may try the TTI trigger spring . . .

TIA

Edited by 12508

That can help. I would not recommend any trigger job type work on the sear contact points. While it may seem nice at first, the soft material below will quickly deform and cause issues.

Use a good grease like Brian Enos' Slide Glide on the sear contact points. This will make a marginal improvement on the break.

Just an update.

I installed the TTI reduced power trigger spring.

I would say it lessened the pull by a pound, maybe 1.5lbs.

There is a little creep now but I don't mind as it lets you know what is happening.

The spring didn't like to stay in the pocket like the factory one or the Wolff ones during installation.

A dab of grease was used to hold it in place. Also, I didn't pay enough attention to the trigger pin

and it walked out far enough to let the shell release lever spring (which requires 3 hands to reinstall) fly

across the room.

Take this with a grain of salt. This is just an example of one. I think it was worth it for $7.99.

The trigger has gone from atrocious to merely bad. Who knows how these parts would work in a trigger

pack that wasn't so bad from the beginning.

I will update again once I put some more rounds through it.

Edited by 12508