Thread: how are benellis???

me and my father and debating on a couple different brands of shotguns for waterfowling. How does the benelli nova shoot?? We shoot a lot of geese so I like the 3 1/2 capabilities. Is benelli better compared to a wichester or remington? My remington 1187 isnt very good to me. If you have any advice it would be very helpfull.

thanks

I have had no issues at all with my NOva. Its been through **** and back and it still works. Patterns beautifyully, takes a beating, and still works. I have taken ducks and geese with this gun and I can safely recommend this pump style shotgun for your needs.

Hello,

I am also an avid waterfowl hunter. My true passion is Dove and Quail hunting. However, I saw that you are looking at getting a gun capable of firing a 3 1/2 shell. Have you considered the SBE. I can put a 2 3/4, 3 1/2, and 3" shells in that order in the gun and it will cycle all of them as fast as I can pull the trigger. It is a well balanced gun and I have taken many ducks and geese with it. good luck in the field.

josh,
    I own a Benelli Nova and have never had any problems with it. I would highly recommend this shotgun to anyone.

If you're looking for a more moderately priced semi-auto shotgun, then take a look at the Russian Baikal (pronounced: bay-call) MP-153. I own one of these shotguns and it performs flawlessly and it only cost $325.00 + tax. It has the same features as the more expensive auto-loaders: chrome-lined bore, 24" or 26" or 28" barrel lengths, wood or synthetic stocks, it comes with 3 choke tubes and the gas operating system is adjustable for light to heavy hunting loads. www.eaacorp.com

The MP-153 appeals to a lot of different shooters, because it fits simularly to the Remingtons. I've had my share of problems (quality control, service, etc.) with Remingtons and will never be purchasing any of their weapons in the future.

Good luck with your choices!
    Good hunting, Bowhunter57