SBE problem

cbrassel

I recently purchased a used super black eagle. It seems to be in good condition. I went and shot it for the first time this weekend. I shot 2 3/4 inch lead bird shot through the gun. After about 10 rounds it would not feed the next shell into the chamber. It would eject the shell but just not feed in another one.

It looks like my best bet is to send to Benelli to get fixed but if others have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the advice. I am new to shooting and this is my first shotgun. If I do send back to Benelli will they give me an estimate on cost. THanks for your help.

I recently purchased a used super black eagle. It seems to be in good condition. I went and shot it for the first time this weekend. I shot 2 3/4 inch lead bird shot through the gun. After about 10 rounds it would not feed the next shell into the chamber. It would eject the shell but just not feed in another one.

It looks like my best bet is to send to Benelli to get fixed but if others have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the advice. I am new to shooting and this is my first shotgun. If I do send back to Benelli will they give me an estimate on cost. THanks for your help.

If ya want help you will need to give more info, i would avoid sending it in until ya just have to!! So what rounds did shoot thru the shotgun and the ones that did not what were they? has the gun been cleaned since you purchased it?

http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/troubleshooting.tpl look thru this tree and see if anything applies? if other rounds do not have problems feeding it could just be the shell you were shooting but could be something simple if all others do not feed!! but would need to be sent for repair unless you know a smith that knows benellis!!:D ya gotta get a "RA" before ya ship and that means going to CS page and getting their info and call first and i am sure they could keep you in the loop as far as costs as long as ya told them to contact you before fixing with estimate?

i also have a sbe 1 have had so many problems with it ejecting and reloading new shells.Have had it looked at so many times,seems no one in little nz is competant enough to fix it.So have started to have a go myself.Check that the ejector claw is in good nik and the spring has plenty of pressure.Make sure no flat spots on the cam pin.Ensure the recoil assembly in the stock is adequately clean and lubed.seems like their is alot of people out there with dodgy ones.try using 3 dram plus loads.Mine seems to work ok with 36 gram plus loads, yet not 100% or even near reliable enough to even think about taking out duckshooting.I dont dislike benellis yet my xtrema 2 shows it up every time.

• 2 months later...

I had that problem myself with my SBE II. In fact, it's not a problem unless your gun realy needs repairs. You probably used the wrong cartridges just like I did once and then the gun don't cycle. Has I said in another thread, if you want your SBE II to cycle, you need to use 2 3/4 cartridges with high velocity, 1500 feet/second minimum for that little shell.

Obviously, when you use heavy loads such as the Remington Magnum Turkey cartridges, you don't need 1500 f/s velocity because the load is heavy enough. Your SBE has the Inertia system. It uses the recoil to eject the cartridge you just fired. It needs a hard recoil to cycle. If the recoil is not hard enough, the Inertia system don't work, the second cartridge won't move in your gun and the shell you just fired is jammed in.

I live in London in the UK. When I shoot 2 3/4 cartridges, I always use the Lyalvale Express World Cup 28 gms, 1500 f/s to shoot clays in a club. This is the one you need. I am sure you could find a simillar shell in the US in the Remington, Federal or Winchster. Always remember, when you want to shoot 2 3/4 cartridges, you need a minimum of 1500 f/s velocity, otherwise, it won't cycle. I am obviously talking ligh loads here. Of course if you shoot cartridges heavier than 1 1/8 oz, your gun will cycle.

• 11 years later...
18 hours ago, Carter9 said:

My SB3 has issues ejecting one brand of shell and never any other 3 1/2  goose loads so heavy shot jams but I have yet to find another brand that does  should I try to upgrade the spring? or what should I do?

You should quit using that brand of ammo and continue using the ones that work.

Also, when adding a question to a thread, it's advisable to take notice of the date of the thread.  If the thread is old (like this 12 year old thread is) it's best to start a new thread rather than a necro-post.  On old threads, if there were pictures or hot links, most of the time those are no longer available.  It's best to start anew.

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem with my SBE II. Tried many different loads and manufacturers to no avail. Took it to my local gunsmith who couldn't resolve it so he shipped it to Benelli. Two months later, Got the gun back with a new firing pin in it ( no charge from Benelli but my guy charged me $120). Took it out and still won't cycle second shot - I have tried every shell on the market to no avail. Anyone interested in buying it?