Montefeltro or M1 20 Ga.

Rusty Knight

Trying to decide on which model y'all perfer and why?

I'm leaning toward the M1. However as I understand it from another thread there may be some cycling issues for lighter loads and the M1.

The shotgun would serve me as an informal skeet gun and for dove and quail.

Thnaks in advance for your opines.

Rusty,

We Band of Brothers!

• 3 weeks later...

Rusty, I have an M1 20ga w/ 4shot ext. I love it! Works great for hiking after chuckars and plently of fire power when they flush. I have also used it in SD for pheasants and it's been a killing machine. I have never had any issues with cycling light load shells. I love the durability of the synthetic stock for "real" hunting experiences. I have beautiful Montefeltros, but am always thinking about scratching the wood. They always function perfectly as well. The boy has a short stock Monteleltro and it has some light scratches already, but that can be expected from normal use. You can accessorize the M1 to your liking. I have a sling on the M1 that really comes in handy. You can't go wrong with either.