Help, magazine tube stuck!

Benelliman2

Was trying to repair my SBE this weekend. The magazine tube got a dent in it and will not accept any rounds. Well just like anyother shotgun I tried to unscrew the tube from the reciever, well 2 turns into it the tube frooze up and now ill not turn in either direction. tried hosing it down with break free and letting it sit, no help. Clamped recievr into padded vise and used strap wrench, strap wrench broke!!

HELP!!! is there a trick to this???

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the answer to your question, but since the gun needed repair before you attempted to remove the magazine tube, I would send it back to Benelli and let them worry about it. Having already broken a strap wrench, I would be worried about warping the receiver or maybe breaking off the threaded portion of the magazine tube inside the receiver. Then you would have a really big problem!

I'll second the locktite thought.

Try heating it up to see if you can break the loctite - I use a cheap little propane torch and it works fine - a bit sooty, but fine.

NOMB, but how the heck did you dent the mag tube through the forearm?!?

Otherwise, yep, let Benelli fix it, prolly cheaper than doing more damage.

Good luck!

mudhen - CA