M4 night sights? Anything besides Meprolight and XS?

Focus59

Using Scalarworks to mount my SRO or RMR so I’d like to get some night sights as they will be able to be visible by co-witness. 

I don’t see the best reviews for Meprolights. I’m surprised there aren’t more options for an M4. The Benelli drop in nigh sights are sold out, but I speculate that those are re-branded meprolights anyways.  I wish trijicon made some drop ins. 

From what I’m finding I may go with XS front and Mepro rear. Thoughts?

Am I missing any good options I should consider?

15 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I have a set going there soon for the work for a client. I personally never had any issues with the Meprolights. 

I have the rear Meprolights installed but the front didn't come with a nut.  It said to use the one from the gun but the nut is too big.

4 hours ago, sonyman74 said:

I have the rear Meprolights installed but the front didn't come with a nut.  It said to use the one from the gun but the nut is too big.

@sonyman74 Maybe you would be able to hit up a hardware store and find a nut that matches the size and thread pitch that you need. What are your thoughts on the brightness of the tritium vials in the sights? I have heard reviews of people being disappointed with the lack or brightness of the Meprolight sights.  I just recently had some Ameriglos installed on my Glock G45, and I regret waiting so long...they are very nice!

18 minutes ago, MNtadpole said:

@sonyman74 Maybe you would be able to hit up a hardware store and find a nut that matches the size and thread pitch that you need. What are your thoughts on the brightness of the tritium vials in the sights? I have heard reviews of people being disappointed with the lack or brightness of the Meprolight sights.  I just recently had some Ameriglos installed on my Glock G45, and I regret waiting so long...they are very nice!

They are not as bright as I would have liked.  I'm a big Trijicon fan and I think they will be much better. I feel like for the price I paid they should have came with the proper nut.

8 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Something wasn’t right there. 

And the bad part is, I took to long to put it on that the place I ought if from wouldn't let me send it back.  But that was so long ago I don't even remember off hand who I bought it from.  I would have to go through my old invoices to figure it out..