Benelli M4 Serial number look up ?

geno0506

Hello all,

First post here, I sold my old 2015 Benelli M4 I had bought at Gainder mountain, to a good friend a few years back!   I have a New Benelli M1014 - 11701  Limited Edition on order.

https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/m1014-shotguns

I forgot the model number of the 2015 but remember it came with an extra choke tube but would like to know what model it was to compare which would be better!  I do have the Serial number though, I could call my friend but I don't think the model number is marked on it correct?  I attached and old picture of the box side of the old one, if this helps identify the model number!

Any advice or input on the 11701 on order so I can compare this to the 2015 model I sold  so I can compare to see which would be better, I do know that the 11701 does have a heavier barrel and fixed-modified choke and the older one I sold have a non fixed choke!   Other then that I don't know anything!

I'm still knew to the shotgun scene and am a bit slow compared to the pro's here!

I just want to know if I should stay with the one on order or get a better model if there is!

I could also order the 11724 https://dsgarms.com/shotguns-bnl11724  but it's a long process and all with the tax stamp thing!

Anyway sorry for the long post, just want to get some inputs!

thanks,

Michael from Texas!

FullSizeRender-5 copy.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by geno0506

The barrel weight is the same mostly. The only difference is the 11701 doesn’t have interchangeable chokes. The 11701 comes with a neutered receiver extension that will not allow the collapsible stock to collapse. It’s a big job to replace this. 

All newer M4’s come a with a polymer trigger frame. 

Other than that, the parts are identical. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The barrel weight is the same mostly. The only difference is the 11701 doesn’t have interchangeable chokes. The 11701 comes with a neutered receiver extension that will not allow the collapsible stock to collapse. It’s a big job to replace this. 

All newer M4’s come a with a polymer trigger frame. 

Other than that, the parts are identical. 

Thanks 

So with that said, so the choke tube is fixed on the 11701 meaning you can't change it out like you can on the https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/m4-tactical-shotguns?eid=144   11707 model!

Is that a bad thing?

I did compare them and for the choke different, I have no clue on the difference but and learning 

11707    CHOKE - M

11701     CHOKE - Fixed Modified

THANKS

11 hours ago, geno0506 said:

Well,

Benelli rep sent me a email requesting my old M4 serial number and they returned my email saying my 2015 M4 was the 11707 model!

You let a great model go (11707) .  The 11707 has the recoil tube that will accept the collapsible stock and function properly. Also has the thread barrel for interchangeable chokes. This is the model I have also.

hope you find what you are looking for. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mickey d said:

You let a great model go (11707) .  The 11707 has the recoil tube that will accept the collapsible stock and function properly. Also has the thread barrel for interchangeable chokes. This is the model I have also.

They still sell the 11707 and cheaper then the 11701 I bought!

8 hours ago, mickey d said:

So with the 11701 M1014 I ordered, I can't change out the fix fixed stock with a collapsable one?   @mickey d @StrangerDanger