Wet montefeltro help

buck_uncle

Okay, took it out in the pouring rain for the first time and really got it soaked... I've been out in rain before with it but nothing as crazy as this before.

got home and cleaned it not a problem, but there are really dark spots in the checkering. My understanding was people hunted wood guns in the rain, now I see the friggen thing just soaks up water in the checkering and goes dark black.

I've since dried it out but common guys... and the more I think of it, the inside of the forearm isn't finished either, nor is the end near the receiver or under the buttplate. The rest of the satin coat is thick and really nice but the checkering on both the forearm and stock is exposed and rough I guess.

I'm thinking of trading up to a sbe2 or trading down to a wet weather beater of a supernova or 870.

This sucks. I love the gun never 1 failure in any capacity yet either, its flawless, just not good for waterfowl in the rainy october weather.

comments???

[ 10-31-2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: buck_uncle ]

Originally posted by buck_uncle:

Okay, took it out in the pouring rain for the first time and really got it soaked... I've been out in rain before with it but nothing as crazy as this before.

got home and cleaned it not a problem, but there are really dark spots in the checkering. My understanding was people hunted wood guns in the rain, now I see the friggen thing just soaks up water in the checkering and goes dark black.

I've since dried it out but common guys... and the more I think of it, the inside of the forearm isn't finished either, nor is the end near the receiver or under the buttplate. The rest of the satin coat is thick and really nice but the checkering on both the forearm and stock is exposed and rough I guess.

I'm thinking of trading up to a sbe2 or trading down to a wet weather beater of a supernova or 870.

This sucks. I love the gun never 1 failure in any capacity yet either, its flawless, just not good for waterfowl in the rainy october weather.

comments???

You ought to see my 870 Wingmaster that I have had since the 60's

Consider those stains love marks or character

Mike :D

Mike