Is this M4 a special edition?

3blades

I just picked up a Benelli M4 from an auction house in my home town, frankly stole this thing for $900. It is a sweet set up with a Surefire x400, a nice tactical rail and some great furniture on it. Gun is in excellent condition and adorns a USMC logo on the receiver. I am trying to find out if this is a special edition or if the previous owner had this put on the gun? Pics attached, any input would be great... thanks.

F9DF04B4-34CD-4097-96F2-407C2006064C.jpeg

F9C6B3DB-CFEF-48A0-890C-03CA85AA19FF.jpeg

8367744E-06C7-4007-A9D9-172300932B93.jpeg

Edited by 3blades

Welcome from PA. You definitely got a good deal on that. My guess is that it is not a special edition and that the Marine medallion was added. There are others here way more knowledgeable than me and I'm sure they will be able to offer better opinions.

31 minutes ago, MTB Guy said:

Amazing deal!!  Where do u live?  I'm gonna find that auction house!!  I just paid top dollar for the last 1014 in Los Angeles.  Back orders are now totaling roughly 800 with a 6 month delivery window.  

Ummm.... in.... hmmm...... Kansas maybe? lol 

1 hour ago, MTB Guy said:

Amazing deal!!  Where do u live?  I'm gonna find that auction house!!  I just paid top dollar for the last 1014 in Los Angeles.  Back orders are now totaling roughly 800 with a 6 month delivery window.  

There are several available currently on gunjoker, all at a premium.

12 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

There are several available currently on gunjoker, all at a premium.

I guess you don't have good experience with that site. I love that site. I think this may largely be because I like and collect unusual or hard to find items that would take me years or decades to find otherwise. I've bought probably a dozen items on there that had production runs of less than 150 units (each). The local gun shows here in Oklahoma are an absolute joke. They are $10 to go to, and most have turned into Etsy, vape, and craft items with less and less firearms every time. Of course that doesn't include the incredible Wanenamacher Gun Show in Tulsa twice a year http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/ This spring it was cancelled thanks to COVID. The next one is in November. If you have never been, it is worth the trip just for the experience. To quote their site:

"If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1300 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles! If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table."

On 6/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, MTB Guy said:

@MTB Guy Is that actually a thing?  LOL 800 people have back ordered the M4, that's crazy.  Out of curiosity, where are those stats coming from?

On 6/19/2020 at 6:13 AM, MNtadpole said:

@MTB Guy Is that actually a thing?  LOL 800 people have back ordered the M4, that's crazy.  Out of curiosity, where are those stats coming from?

Angeles Armory.  Small shop at one of the best outdoor ranges in the Los Angeles area.  Nabil is a Movie and TV set armorer.  He also has many law enforcement clients.  Knows his stuff and he is my source on the info.