M4 + Slugs?

Benelli Girl

I use my bore snake all the time as well however for really getting the bore back to glassy after a day of 150 tru-balls through it, I like the stainless steel turbo brush. I don't prefer it for my rifles or handguns due to the rifling but for the smooth bore, I haven't seen anything better for getting that tough build-up the heck outta there...

Do you mean "tornado brush"? I've been using a tornado brush on all my shotguns, and it does a GREAT job :)

I use my bore snake all the time as well however for really getting the bore back to glassy after a day of 150 tru-balls through it, I like the stainless steel turbo brush. I don't prefer it for my rifles or handguns due to the rifling but for the smooth bore, I haven't seen anything better for getting that tough build-up the heck outta there...

Do you mean "tornado brush"? I've been using a tornado brush on all my shotguns, and it does a GREAT job :)

I knew there was SOME kinda storm involved in the name there... I forgot which weather event was involved but sure do like those brushes...

The Federal Truball slugs can tend to leave the bore pretty dirty and those brushes are outstanding at bringing it back quickly...

The price is right though on the truballs and the accuracy is everything you could ask for with this gun... If I need to shoot any tighter than a 3 or so inch group at a 100 yards, I don't use a shotgun anyway. I've got better things for sniping than a 12 gauge....:cool:

• 7 years later...

Good advice from all.  This from the Benelli FAQ webpage:

Which chokes are recommended for slugs?

These chokes are recommended for slugs:

• 4 notches = Improved cylinder
  • 5 notches = Cylinder

A cylinder choke is recommended for shooting rifled slugs in a smooth-bore barrel. Sabot slugs should only be shot through our fully-rifled slug barrels.

It is not safe to shoot slugs through chokes tighter than those listed here.

I can simulate a poor hold on my old SBE at any time by letting it swing with zero resistance. Even then though, it will fire, open, eject, but then close on empty chamber. I thought with gas that should not have any impact.

I'll second the sentiment above that a rifled choke tube does nothing for sabot slugs. BUT, the sabots rock on a fully rifled slug barrel.