Benelliparts.net immature and unprofessional, legitimate?

ShadowGuy

So I ordered some parts from benelliparts.net

This was my experience..

They guy was very short and not very helpful. Honestly it seemed like he could barely communicate in english. Towards the end(today) he just flat out starts sending immature insulting emails.

The parts I ordered from his site are not as described and when i sent pictures to him about the quality difference. He responds and begins insulting me for no reason.

Here are some screen shots and pictures..

Screenshot_20200828-121246_Outlook.thumb.jpg.d32e84a78409d509bd91e7344cb7afba.jpgYou will see my initial email with pictures or the part condition and then screen shots of what the website shows. Then you will see a very immature man treating his customers terribly.. I will admit I know very little about the platform. But to just bash customers for no reason, and send out parts that dont match website description is unacceptable in my book..Screenshot_20200828-121307_Outlook.thumb.jpg.268e2e03359a6fcc64f12473bd2d56bf.jpg

20200828_100826.thumb.jpg.a50002c72798de5a6de7e855f15663a3.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-121326_Outlook.thumb.jpg.338f57348e4ef70a84d1e575ff0522e3.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-112728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.87746f9a6c7a00e2f3275b103e27284a.jpghere is a picture of the mag tube I was supposed to recieve.

Screenshot_20200828-120424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01df8c299f62c8278be4447e094f46f3.jpgHere is a picture of how a brand new recoil tube is supposed to look. Obviously mine looks worn and like it came from a donar gun. So how does our humble benelliparts.net antoine respond?Screenshot_20200828-122441_Outlook.thumb.jpg.36f53d7bbcc830fb5930f152d10be4cb.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-122459_Outlook.thumb.jpg.006364f09d4345977c74218245180380.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-122422_Outlook.thumb.jpg.0d7941bf3e67a5287c7ff95ace34d121.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-122845_Outlook.thumb.jpg.2e88e9f52a9e3e6923f44166cb0e7896.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-123422_Outlook.thumb.jpg.c06978e3357aaeed0e8aa475c40a6bc2.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-123435_Outlook.thumb.jpg.755fb91d0fdd89cde1005838edaac1f3.jpg

20200828_123906.thumb.jpg.4e0e4539b6f129cc83b6414eaa5201d9.jpgWhich is why you dont make assumptions Antoine.. Or abuse your customers because your having a bad day. I have 4x 922r compliance parts here from freedom fighter tactical. By the way great guy to talk to, and based on what professionals have told me it will keep the gun entirely legal.

Anybody have any similar experience? I'm posting this from a phone so sorry if its not a perfect post. Anybody have any advice for me and completing my m1014 build? 

20200828_123917.thumb.jpg.b47d8c4eef7cfb03b6859ff6bbb75c1b.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-122449_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-122838_Outlook.jpg

I’ve dealt with Benelliparts for over a decade now and never had any negative experiences like that. 

Your receiver extension looks fine. They’re all discolored like that. Some of it is from heat treating on the bearing surfaces. Rubbing some oil on it will cover up most of it. The finish on the oem magazine tubes isn’t all that great to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You're not buying cherry car parts for a 55 Chevy. Like Stranger said, oil the parts and they may look more like what you expect them to. 

To be fair, the photo of the recoil spring is a bit deceiving compared to what you received. I think scrubbing it with a 3M pad with some soap and oiling it would do wonders. I think what you are seeing are the "right out of the factory" condition that the seller receives them in.

Scrubbing it would rid the looser and "fresh" factory coat off of it leaving you with a more subtle finish similar to your stock tube. The scratch may even all but go away.

The email responses from the seller are in bad taste given we are provided with the full conversation. 

Its got to be taxing selling hard use "tool"parts  to people and have them complain of minor cosmetic blemishes. Like selling work boots and having the customer complain about a slight scuff on the tread.  Then again, Im not very picky.? 

Shadow,

That's absolutely crazy. His replies to you don't even classify as wise guy in my humble opinion. I suspect alcohol consumption is a likely scenario.

The good news, you have your parts! I agree with SD about the finish on the recoil tube. Give it a wipe w Remoil and go forward with your bitchin build, man.

Just bought a collapsible stock from him on GB. Had a good experience. My parts were as described. Not sure what was up with your purchase. I have to say though that logging onto a forum with your very first post to bash a vendor is not cool. 

Edited by GTTom

I mean... It is a dark day for us Californians since Becerra issued the en banc review request, so he's probably drinking... Heavily....

That said, yeah no excuse. He's not a real "store" in any traditional sense though so probably wasn't ever schooled in the finer points of customer service... More a guy who knows a guy in Italy and has a website and a garage.

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from. I deal with people all day as well and everybody who works any job I'm sure would like to tell somebody they are stupid or ignorant.

But in business when someone give you several hundred dollars in the exchange of good faith for parts to be as described. I expect a clear concise response. As well as an educated one. I dont expect that kind of treatment. 

I ordered the collapsible stock and mag tube first. But I made a mistake. I clearly do not need the stock. I did not have the M4 yet because shipping was taking forever.. So I emailed him and had him cancel the stock but he canceled the whole order and then I had to repay. I paid him instantly but was a bit unhappy how the refund went and I guess he was too. 

A few days later I email him about the choke and breecher combo and he did not respond. I emailed again later informing him I paid his pay pal instantly. Just in case he had not known, and i inquired about the choke breecher again. He did not respond to me again. Funny how when people recieve your money they all of the sudden act different isnt it?

At this point I still did not have the M4 on hand. But when I did recieve it. I realized it is a fixed choke on the m1014 model. Nobody is born knowing everything. Life is a learning experience. Why not just reply professionally "that gun has a fixed choke".  Or for that fact why not just explain the part condition briefly rather than act like that? I would have being okay with that. 

So here is the end of the conversation. I'm not entirely pleased with my responses but it is what it is. I tried to stay professional through the whole thing but it was difficult..

Screenshot_20200828-185218_Outlook.thumb.jpg.1cde9621b24cf09c913a61f23f6cae9f.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-185343_Outlook.thumb.jpg.a939ceade5d57bd13cace65f08b534f7.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-185330_Outlook.thumb.jpg.1ca943260b1efc4ea5236cb00c2d6957.jpg

So that's where the conversation left off. I should have left the stuff about english out of there but I dont think I was too volatile. The hope the words are too "big" for you was a play on words because he kept calling me big dummy lol.

I just posted these to be transparent to everyone. I haven't replied back and I dont think I will be back for business.

I dont want to bash a vendor, but this is how I chose to deal with the situation considering his demeanor through all of this. 

The recoil tube really does look used and has wear marks in the notches. I guess shot guns are just a utility item anyways. Maybe I'll just have someone anodized it or something.

I guess it's like seeing the perfect car with every option you want. You drive two hours to go see it and they took a picture of a different car for the website, and the car there is a hooptie(this literally happened to me before). 

If it says factory wrapped with part number, that is how I expect to recieve the item. If the part is supposed to be brand new that's what I expect. I also put my pinky in the recoils tube and black soot came out. Maybe benelli uses black grease but it looked like gun powder.. also the recoil tube follower that the bolts "rod" goes into look like it has wear. Can post pictures tomorrow if you guys want.

Alright this is starting to look like a novel so I'm done for now. I appreciate your input and help. Now I hope it's not too hard to get that recoil tube out and back in correctly when I decide to do it.

Screenshot_20200828-185601_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bfb8ef574bb894f3457c8ad0b49deb3f.jpg

Highly recommend you go thru my guide on how to replace that receiver extension. It’s not an easy task.

If you are going to attempt it, hit me up if you get stuck. I’ve walked a few users thru it and I don’t think I called anyone names!

Those tubes do have a black grease inside, so if you checked its oil, you’ll likely get some on your finger. The tube is steel, so anodizing won’t work. Some cold blue may cover up some of the marks. 

Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports can thread the muzzle of your shotgun if you really want that choke. 

• Like 1

I'm in full agreement that as a general rule, there should never be any surprises when you buy something online.  But complaining about the variation in packaging is over the top and unreasonable.  I've been buying from Benelliparts since about 2014 or 15 with no disappointments and I've purchased at least one of every part he has ever offered for the M4.

You should know that in most cases, people are only reacting to how you treat them.  Not only was your tone unfair from the first text, you asked him a ridiculous, almost comical question like "Do these two tubes look the same to you?" 

tubes.jpg.3e9738b00adb9c4df90580b3c5d80cf9.jpg

Uh, yes. Yes they do....how else should he have responded?  His reply was friendly in my opinion.  You don't call people you truly dislike a big dummy.

And not that you ever should, but if you're going to make fun of someone's fluency in a language or writing ability, shouldn't yours be flawless...at least until you're done with that sentence?  It's aren't, not arnt.  Anything, not any thing.  English is spelled with a capital E for Christ's sake.  85% of your sentences would fail a 9th grade English writing assignment.  Be critical of anything else, but not English writing.

• Downvote 1

So he sent me these pictures to clarify. Which I am entirely fine with the way these parts are. Just based on the website description I find it a bit misleading. Such as the "dont settle for anything less that factory wrapped with part number" wording. There is not anything inherently wrong with the parts. But as i stated before. When you expect a particular thing and recieve another it can be confusing.

I'm sure most people would reach out to have a better understanding of why the parts are not exactly as described. Maybe he is unaware of the website description.

But instead of just throwing around insults he could have just briefly explained. Which is the only reason I brought it to the forum.

Screenshot_20200830-145530_Outlook.thumb.jpg.de3b0950c5ef835bd00ab1badfa79de9.jpg

Screenshot_20200830-145542_Outlook.thumb.jpg.c733f16d52ee0447c12e01c3cc3eb152.jpg

On 8/28/2020 at 9:24 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Highly recommend you go thru my guide on how to replace that receiver extension. It’s not an easy task.

If you are going to attempt it, hit me up if you get stuck. I’ve walked a few users thru it and I don’t think I called anyone names!

Those tubes do have a black grease inside, so if you checked its oil, you’ll likely get some on your finger. The tube is steel, so anodizing won’t work. Some cold blue may cover up some of the marks. 

Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports can thread the muzzle of your shotgun if you really want that choke. 

I think I'll skip the choke for now but I will keep that in mind. I ran 200 rounds of bird shot and about 30 slugs through the gun yesterday and it is fantastic! Did a good job shooting Clay's as well considering the fixed choke and #6 shot. Not a single issue, sighted in decent from the factory and man do these things run well! My buddy's got a couple mag dump videos with flames.

I did see your post about the recoil tube and it seems like a nice process. I will get my tools together and do the mag tube and recoil tube at the same time. So thank you for that.

I'll say that I too expect an item to be as pictured. If it says "photo may be a stock photo" or the like, that lowers my expectations some. But, it stated "Each Benelli M4 magazine comes factory individually wrapped and labeled for authenticity don't settle for less". I can't see what that label is on that mag tube packaging, but if it is anything other than Benelli factory print then I'd have issue with it. That very clearly describes it to be genuine Benelli part.

• Like 1

His behavior was unprofessional, but then again, its not like he is a professional seller. Someone mentioned its a garage based small business. The items he sells are niche and hard to come by. He can get away with being rude and obnoxious. 

Sorry for your experience.

I don't understand people defending his behavior though. Apparently even he realizes his responses were not professional but some folks here are trying to blame OP for the sellers poor communication as if OP brought it on himself. 

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Just to let everyone know, Antonie is a shady person. I called and left a message regarding missing out on his latest preorder for M4 stocks and asking if he could let me know if anyone backs out and I will buy their stocks and any difference. I am military and have been needing one for a long while for my personal M4 but always seem to somehow miss the preorder window. He never returned the email, so I called and left a message, also no response. So I placed an order for 7 rnd mag tube and spring   a couple days later and said if he expects any to back out of their orders, to just hold my order until he receives some stocks. My parts get sent out a couple days later with no response to my comments. So at this point there's been 0 communication on all forms. A couple weeks later I see he says he got some stocks in on his site and is waiting for more for preorder customers. Then I find a bunch on gunbroker being sold through seller DELMASFINA for $799. I look at his history and see multiple M4 stocks being sold and hes located in CA.....so I started getting curious at this point. I buy the listing and make the payment and asked if he did any discounts for military, no response. I receive a message from him a couple days later with a USPS tracking # which came up with no info. 2 days pass and I get another email from a random 3rd party shipping site saying I have a package coming from Rancho Cucamonga CA. Giving the stock is the only thing coming to me from CA, I looked at the tracking and it is completely different than what DELMASFINA had sent me, so I have no idea what it is. I then look at the email headers HTML code and check to see who the email was attached to......well it is from [email protected]. Why the hell do I have something coming from him when I've already received my parts from him? So I call him and leave a message (as ive never got a hold of him before) saying the situation and asking what he sent me to make sure it wasnt an accident. About 30 minutes go by and he calls back and I ask him if he sells his stocks on gunbroker and he said not recently, so I inform him that its supposed to be delivered today and he tells me he may have sent something to me on accident. Package arrives and on the label its from DELMASFINA and inside is my M4 stock! OOOOK...so I know now whats going on at this point. I called Antonie back and asked him whats the deal here and he begins to stutter and back track and say that its his business partner whos selling the stocks but that hes no longer answering my questions and that I will have to talk to him (which I tried calling before and his phone was turned off and he never responded to any emails). I asked Antonie to just let him know to call me or email me as he has my info and Antonie said fine. I emailed one last time to DELMASFINA through gunbroker laying out the issue at hand. That Antonie is purposely withholding stock inventory to avoid selling at advertised price to give to his business partner to sell at gouging prices so that Antonie isnt directly responsible and cant be called out on it. They didnt expect the email or anyone to see the email header and where it came from. I was very reasonable and simply asked them to refund me the difference between what I paid and what they were selling the stocks for on their website (which already was inflated for profit). I got an immediate email back from DELMASFINA saying return it for a full refund. I said I know this is America where capitalism reigns and that while what theyre doing is legal, its shady and taking advantage of people and that the customers also have a right to let this out. Antonie is sitting on a bunch of stocks and will not sell them for his advertised pricing, and instead gives them to his business partner to sell for gouging prices for him so that he avoids any direct backlash, and theyre doing this behind the curtains. Ill never buy from either of them ever and will make sure to inform all my customers of these issues like I do with cheaper than dirt or any other company gouging prices.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, Nethawk86 said:

Just to let everyone know, Antonie is a shady person. I called and left a message regarding missing out on his latest preorder for M4 stocks and asking if he could let me know if anyone backs out and I will buy their stocks and any difference. I am military and have been needing one for a long while for my personal M4 but always seem to somehow miss the preorder window. He never returned the email, so I called and left a message, also no response. So I placed an order for 7 rnd mag tube and spring   a couple days later and said if he expects any to back out of their orders, to just hold my order until he receives some stocks. My parts get sent out a couple days later with no response to my comments. So at this point there's been 0 communication on all forms. A couple weeks later I see he says he got some stocks in on his site and is waiting for more for preorder customers. Then I find a bunch on gunbroker being sold through seller DELMASFINA for $799. I look at his history and see multiple M4 stocks being sold and hes located in CA.....so I started getting curious at this point. I buy the listing and make the payment and asked if he did any discounts for military, no response. I receive a message from him a couple days later with a USPS tracking # which came up with no info. 2 days pass and I get another email from a random 3rd party shipping site saying I have a package coming from Rancho Cucamonga CA. Giving the stock is the only thing coming to me from CA, I looked at the tracking and it is completely different than what DELMASFINA had sent me, so I have no idea what it is. I then look at the email headers HTML code and check to see who the email was attached to......well it is from [email protected]. Why the hell do I have something coming from him when I've already received my parts from him? So I call him and leave a message (as ive never got a hold of him before) saying the situation and asking what he sent me to make sure it wasnt an accident. About 30 minutes go by and he calls back and I ask him if he sells his stocks on gunbroker and he said not recently, so I inform him that its supposed to be delivered today and he tells me he may have sent something to me on accident. Package arrives and on the label its from DELMASFINA and inside is my M4 stock! OOOOK...so I know now whats going on at this point. I called Antonie back and asked him whats the deal here and he begins to stutter and back track and say that its his business partner whos selling the stocks but that hes no longer answering my questions and that I will have to talk to him (which I tried calling before and his phone was turned off and he never responded to any emails). I asked Antonie to just let him know to call me or email me as he has my info and Antonie said fine. I emailed one last time to DELMASFINA through gunbroker laying out the issue at hand. That Antonie is purposely withholding stock inventory to avoid selling at advertised price to give to his business partner to sell at gouging prices so that Antonie isnt directly responsible and cant be called out on it. They didnt expect the email or anyone to see the email header and where it came from. I was very reasonable and simply asked them to refund me the difference between what I paid and what they were selling the stocks for on their website (which already was inflated for profit). I got an immediate email back from DELMASFINA saying return it for a full refund. I said I know this is America where capitalism reigns and that while what theyre doing is legal, its shady and taking advantage of people and that the customers also have a right to let this out. Antonie is sitting on a bunch of stocks and will not sell them for his advertised pricing, and instead gives them to his business partner to sell for gouging prices for him so that he avoids any direct backlash, and theyre doing this behind the curtains. Ill never buy from either of them ever and will make sure to inform all my customers of these issues like I do with cheaper than dirt or any other company gouging prices.

DA09B8F3-FC99-43B7-A425-030F0AF0366C.jpeg