Well I got my new Benelli M4 in and it is BLUE too lol. I m just gonna try to trade for a H20 version and put in some cash.

Jaason0

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Sounds promising! Got a color scheme worked out? Your rubber parts are going to be black no matter what. We haven’t found anything that will adhere to it.

image.jpeg.203f6533760cc2f83eab59a72472e093.jpeg

Color scheme will be all metal would be white, meaning everything (sights except the functional parts, bolt carrier, ch), with handguards and stock being pink. Buttpad and pg will have to remain black. But that doesn't matter, the concept is that varmints aren't very bright and the reaction(s) to be expected would run along these lines causing a hesitation: 

"Wait...what???"

"WTF is that BRIGHT white and pink thing???"

"WTH Is that, a gun or a toy??"

"You can't be serious."

A fraction of a second in hesitation could be the game changer when dealing with varmints. As for any embarrassment on my part, I'm all out of fcks so I have no fcks to give.

18 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

Color scheme will be all metal would be white, meaning everything (sights except the functional parts, bolt carrier, ch), with handguards and stock being pink. Buttpad and pg will have to remain black. But that doesn't matter, the concept is that varmints aren't very bright and the reaction(s) to be expected would run along these lines causing a hesitation: 

"Wait...what???"

"WTF is that BRIGHT white and pink thing???"

"WTH Is that, a gun or a toy??"

"You can't be serious."

A fraction of a second in hesitation could be the game changer when dealing with varmints. As for any embarrassment on my part, I'm all out of fcks so I have no fcks to give.

I know a Cerakote guy who’d be all for building that scheme. The hardest thing to take apart is the rear sight. The front pin the elevation deck pivots on is a bitch and a half to get out. It’s staked in place and extremely small, so you’ll likely break several punches in the process of drifting it out. 

My 12 year old daughter has a LMT MRP piston operated rifle that is done up in nightmare pink and black plastics. It’s loud!

fQHVa5B.jpg

• Like 2

I personally do no buy the "new anodize" process for the USMC.  Hard anodizing is a MIL-A-8625, type III, class 2,  finish which has been used on M16 receivers for many years.  This is a problem with the dye process and/or the anodizing not being as thick as necessary to dye properly, or the post dye sealing process.  They don't want to be having to redo a bunch of receivers so they make up some story.

They may have changed from type I or II to type III hard anodizing and probably have not got the process dialed in properly to produce the jet black finish.  Also if they were doing a new process for the USMC then they most likely would not be doing it for all the receivers, only the USMC contract receivers. 

Someone should find out exactly what the USMC is specifying for the new finish.

• Like 1

The finish issue is really just a symptom of the degradation of their quality. 

On of these is 10 years old, has almost 10,000 rounds of all sorts of ammo through it and still goes bang every freaking time having only been cleaned maybe 3 times, machining still looks precise and hand fitted on the inside, one of these is a shoddy POS with a plastic trigger guard and crappy uneven machining on the internals and got to me with all sorts of bizzare marring and finish wear on the inside and has fail-to-feed and fail-to-eject no matter what i do to it. Fuck this company. I'll still collect older guns but the people here in the US and over in Italy have gone to shit and they push guns off movies like john wick rather than their military reputation. I mean even just compare the engraving its disgusting how obvious the difference in effort is. Pathetic and shameful. 

IMG_20211013_134342123.jpg

Edited by Fett Tracking
  • Like 1

^Yep, QC/QA definitely took a dump in the last couple years from reading posts here.

Most people had bought theirs online in the last 20 months or so-, sight unseen.

One user posted a picture of his receiver a while back and I noticed that the"m4" stamp on the right side looked like a dot matrix or like it was put on with a pointed punch by hand.

Really pathetic.

1 hour ago, Evolution said:

^Yep, QC/QA definitely took a dump in the last couple years from reading posts here.

Most people had bought theirs online in the last 20 months or so-, sight unseen.

One user posted a picture of his receiver a while back and I noticed that the"m4" stamp on the right side looked like a dot matrix or like it was put on with a pointed punch by hand.

Really pathetic.

QC was a little rough on my 2020 M3 but my 2021 M4 is perfect inside and out.

Since you have a lot of issues, both cosmetic and more importantly, functioning issues, I would take advantage of the warranty and send it back with a detailed letter explaining your concerns.

That said, man you seem way too pissed off. I know, I get it all, the disappointment, but it's only a gun, it's not your life.

• Like 1

haha awesome. heres why though, i bought this in kalifornia, so it was a matter of 1-overpaying for it on gunbroker, 2- shipping it in, 3-having to travel to a store (theres only a handful in each county in CA, theyre not on every other block like in red states) and wait in a two hour line to do an hour of initial paperwork, 4-waiting 10 days, 5-going back to the shop to pick it up, 6-finding overpriced ammo, 7-going through a costly ammo background check, 8- finding somewhere to shoot (theres basically zero placers to shoot in CA), (all of this highly taxed mind you)9-ULTIMATELY DISCOVERING ITS NOT JUST UGLY BUT ITS A POS. 

Yes before any stupid buttholes come and say those arent benellis issues, i know. i am only mad at benelli for the POS gun, I am explaining this to you sir EVO so you understand that it wasnt just an easy matter of walk in, buy the thing walk out, shoot it in the parking lot, walk back in and swap it like it is for me here in NV. For many people in the US, we live in police states that are not free and where buying and shooting a gun is a life altering difficulty. this is why im extra salty, yes. If had bought it here in NV, it would have gone back to the dealer same day and the whole thing would have taken less than 30 minutes. just fyi.

Yeah, I know all about that stuff. I was born, raised, and spent the first 62 years of my life in the dump. I only left that fascist POS state for a free one 5 years ago.

There are some good places to shoot there if you live in the right area.

The mountains or rural areas.

Before I moved, I lived in Truckee, and used to shoot near Boca reservoir off I-80, and at Hobart Mills just off CA-89 towards Sierraville. Two good National forest areas.

I truly hope you get the thing resolved to your satisfaction. GL! 

• Like 1

Never have/will understand why it gets dumped onto the purchasing-customer to be; rational, patient, understating & embrace that manufacturers can have errors with quality oversight. This results in problems dropped into the paying customer’s lap to resolve..and the process of hearing from other people about..”what terrific customer service they have”..and..”they will make it right/fix it”..whether timely or not it’s incredibly frustrating because you didn’t pay money to have problems. Most frustrating is hearing the regurgitated term..”bad batches”..and so on. With firearms these excuses are 99% avoidable with steadfast & committed multi-point quality inspections, including functioning several times over before the gun is finally put into a shipping box..many companies claim they do this but few stand by it. Albeit, damage can still occur during shipping.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

haha awesome. heres why though, i bought this in kalifornia, so it was a matter of 1-overpaying for it on gunbroker, 2- shipping it in, 3-having to travel to a store (theres only a handful in each county in CA, theyre not on every other block like in red states) and wait in a two hour line to do an hour of initial paperwork, 4-waiting 10 days, 5-going back to the shop to pick it up, 6-finding overpriced ammo, 7-going through a costly ammo background check, 8- finding somewhere to shoot (theres basically zero placers to shoot in CA), (all of this highly taxed mind you)9-ULTIMATELY DISCOVERING ITS NOT JUST UGLY BUT ITS A POS. 

Yes before any stupid buttholes come and say those arent benellis issues, i know. i am only mad at benelli for the POS gun, I am explaining this to you sir EVO so you understand that it wasnt just an easy matter of walk in, buy the thing walk out, shoot it in the parking lot, walk back in and swap it like it is for me here in NV. For many people in the US, we live in police states that are not free and where buying and shooting a gun is a life altering difficulty. this is why im extra salty, yes. If had bought it here in NV, it would have gone back to the dealer same day and the whole thing would have taken less than 30 minutes. just fyi.

I think I'd be just as pissed if I were in your position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i ve seen some of then  2021 m4 s and they were black. Some people like the blue but i do not. I had a friend send his off and it came back looking awesome. Definitely a good idea, but i had spent a fortune and didn t want to spend more to get it black lol. Curious if yours is a 2021 model? I ended up selling mine and bought a H20 M4 and I like it a lot. Mine is 2021 model

20210703_134759.jpg

• Upvote 1