New Benelli semi auto rifle

jimmyp50

Yes I purchased one a few weeks ago. I have the 30-06 with a 22" barrell. I am very pleased with it and was getting groups in the 1.5" range at 100 yds. I am amazed at how light the recoil was. I was shooting 150 grain Winchester power point and power point plus. Overall I am very pleased with it.

Originally posted by jimmyp50:

Does anyone own one of these yet other than me? If so what do you think of it? What type of groups are you getting? JimmyP

I also bought a bennelli last week and after i shot about 3 boxes after sighting it in which took 9 shots at 100 yards. I was very impressed with the accuracy. the groupings were all within 1.00 to 1.25 inches. The scope is a leupold varix 3 3.5 x10 illuminated reticle. The r1 is the .300 win mag with the 24 inch barrel and the ammo was 180 grain accu tip boattail by remington

[ 01-06-2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: war eagle ]

Hi there fellas. I have one chambered in 300win mag and mounted a bushnell 4200 elite 2.5-16x40 scope on it. During and after break in i used federals premium 180grn trophy bonded bearclaws and was getting 3" & 4" 5-shot groups at 200yrds which was good enough for me. i'm no match shooter and i hate shooting paper so after 3 boxes i had enough.

I'm completely happy with it. 3 shots and 3 animals. So it does what i bought it for.

jedd

[ 01-08-2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: jedd ]

Originally posted by jedd:

Hi there fellas. I have one chambered in 300win mag and mounted a bushnell 4200 elite 2.5-16x40 scope on it. During and after break in i used federals premium 180grn trophy bonded bearclaws and was getting 3" & 4" 5-shot groups at 200yrds which was good enough for me. i'm no match shooter and i hate shooting paper so after 3 boxes i had enough.

I'm completely happy with it. 3 shots and 3 animals. So it does what i bought it for.

jedd

Originally posted by war eagle:

quote:

jedd

Wow!!!!! I'm surprised with that, The ballistics for the 300 are zero at two hundred yard and with that scope you should be able to drive tacks. Im no match shooter either but i think you need a gun rest and really sit down and pratice a little more fine tuning the scope, now dont get me wrong but you should be able to sight the gun in a little better, because there is nothing worse than wasting shells and only crippling an animal with such a good round. Good luck and happy hunting.

war eagle - you're right I should probably invest in one or borrow one to fine tune it better. The thing is I was taught to shoot and sight in not using any type of rest and to imulate possible hunting positions. I think you just motivated me to think outside the box, thanks!

but I must say I didn't wound anything this year two whitetails and a muley took one hit each and didn't run too far. all three were mid - lung shots. shooting across a bean field I actually knocked one of the whitetails off his feet.

I like the bearclaws. I previously used an A-bolt in 7mm rem mag with the 3200 elite and had great success with that too.

but, I'm going to take your advice and see if can tighten this thing up a bit more.

[ 01-13-2004, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: jedd ]

war eagle - you're right I should probably invest in one or borrow one to fine tune it better. The thing is I was taught to shoot and sight in not using any type of rest and to imulate possible hunting positions. I think you just motivated me to think outside the box, thanks!

but I must say I didn't wound anything this year two whitetails and a muley took one hit each and didn't run too far. all three were mid - lung shots. shooting across a bean field I actually knocked one of the whitetails off his feet.

I like the bearclaws. I previously used an A-bolt in 7mm rem mag with the 3200 elite and had great success with that too.

but, I'm going to take your advice and see if can tighten this thing up a bit more.

Jedd i can totally understand practicing as if your are in the feild but remember you might only get a shot of a lifetime so make it count where you need it to be...and hopefully its hang on your wall!!!!!

yea . you're right but I've already got a couple walls full of good looking critters. Just need one more .. A big horn! That's what I bought the R-1 for. If I send anything else to the taxidermist I'm going to have to find a good lawyer. tongue.gif The wife went nuts over the last animal ... but I promised her that this was it ... just need the sheep and I'll quit stuffin' stuff. :rolleyes: