PDA

View Full Version : Condor O/U +/-

Dean in K.C.
11-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi Folks,
Thinking about getting a new Condor O/U - wanted to know what the good -vs-bad stuff about it.
Obviously price is pretty good - at least around here. What I want to know from the experts (you) is what should I expect with this shotgun.
Durability? Reliability? Value?
Would be used for some fun shooting (trap, clays etc...) and upland game/rabbits here in Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas.
Am leaning toward the 12 gauge.
Any info - good or bad is appreciated!
Thanks
Dean in K.C.

fezman
12-02-2003, 09:22 PM
just read my little rant about the one i bought that was wrong right out of the box

H. Larry Thompson
12-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Dean in K.C.:
Hi Folks,
Thinking about getting a new Condor O/U - wanted to know what the good -vs-bad stuff about it.
Obviously price is pretty good - at least around here. What I want to know from the experts (you) is what should I expect with this shotgun.
Would be used for some fun shooting (trap, clays etc...) and upland game/rabbits here in Western Missouri/Eastern Kansas.
Thanks
Dean in K.C.

H. Larry Thompson
12-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by H. Larry Thompson:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dean in K.C.:
Hi Folks,
Thanks
Dean in K.C. </font>[/QUOTE]The price is greaat but before you purchase make sure you can live with the firing of the second barrel. I should have purchased the deluxe model, I guess, because I also shoot skeet and cannot figure out how to fire the top barrel. Trying to get an answer from customer assistance is very difficult. Good luck

House
12-05-2003, 11:20 PM
I haven't had any trouble with the second barrel on mine. I have the standard Condor model O/U and I think that I have shot approx. 500+ through it with no problems. I took the gun out and shot high passes at geese and ducks and the second barrel would light with no hesitation. In fact, with the shooting that we were doing it was almost ot my advantage to shot the first round as a "prayer" shot and hold for the longer range choke for distance. Nothing prevented my second shot from lighting out of the barrel. Do you guys have the selective barrel switch or standard model?

timb99
12-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Dean in KC,

Where in KC? I live in Shawnee and shoot trap & skeet out at Powder Creek in Lenexa.

My experience with the Condor has been good. I bought mine in January 2000 and between hunting and skeet, have put over 4000 rounds through it.

I was surprised to hear others having problems, as several other skeet shooters I know use a Condor, and only one has had any appreciable problem.

I guess, as they say, your mileage may vary.

Tim