PDA

View Full Version : Condor Supreme?

Riflemen
04-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Currently I shoot skeet and am going to get into trap when I get a little better. I feel i'll need a little more than my Rem. 870 for trap and I am looking into getting an over/under.

In an earlier post one of the users stated that the condor was not really made for trap shooting because it wasn't as heavy and would wear out. I am curious if this applies to the supreme or not and in general if the supreme is a pretty good over/under. I am not looking for a gun that I am not scared to take out of the case because the wood used in the stock costs more than the gun istelf. But I do want a good quality shotgun that will last me and wont hinder my ability to shoot skeet and trap.

Is the Supreme right for me? And if not, any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

fezman
04-28-2004, 09:09 PM
here's the problem skeet and trap are two very differnt games. a good trap gun is heavy and usualy has a longer bbl and a higher set rib because your shooting something that is flying away from you all the time. a good skeet gun will be very heavy usualy over 10lbs to help you keep the gun moving, a shorter bbl and a wide open choke to spred the shot out more because the clays move accross your path at differnt stations also skeet is usualy a lot closer than trap. the condor line is mostly for field use. i have a condor regular to use in the field because it was so cheep i dont care what happens to it. but im looking for a nicer 20ga to shoot skeet with. i dont shoot regular trap only what i throw out of my manual thrower at the public range. the biggest problem i have with the condor is the screw that holds the saftey spring inplace loosens up every 200 shots or so to fix it i just pull the stock off and tighten up the screw. also i had a bit of trouble with customer service and turn over time. before i figured out what was wrong with it my self.

Grizz 272
04-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Riflemen
I have used a Condor Supreme to shoot trap for 9 months. I have about 1200 rounds throught it now and have only had one problem. I did not clean it good and about 700 rounds it stopped working.. So I clean it now good every 200 rounds and have not had a problem since. I have had no loose screws or any other problem. I did add a adjustable recoil pad thet rasied the gun up so I can keep the gun where it should be for shooting trap. I like the Condor .

Grizz

Riflemen
04-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Fez, Grizz, thanks for the advice.

I do not intend to be a serious skeet and trap shooter because rifle has my focus, but as I said I don't want a pump to hinder me too much. Which is why I want the two barrels.

Fez - I break my guns down almost completely after just about every use but if I purchase one I will take the screw into consideration. The weight and set of the rib seem a little too advanced for my intentions with shotgun shooting.

fezman
04-30-2004, 11:25 PM
some times it better to over answer a question. evan though im in the market for a new better 20ga i still like my condor for what i do and it should serve you well as for the supreme i think the only differnce is selectable triggers and maby an ejector the regular condor only has an extractor and the bottom bbl always fires first. the gun iternaly is very simple good luck

timb99
05-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Fezman,

Try some red LOCTITE!!!