PDA

View Full Version : blueing

fezman
08-24-2004, 12:11 AM
well the blueing at the end of my bbl is coming off. it't just gone in one spot like i sprayed paint stripper on it. it took less than one week to happen. i cant figure it out. there is some kind of residue in the case that i keep it in. i wonder if i left some type of cleaning agent on the bbl but, the residue dosnet smell like any thing that i use. i'm thinking that maby Doc walked past the open case and wizzed in it :eek: . what do you tink. i dont think its defective. :D im going to take some photos of it.

[ 08-23-2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: fezman ]

Doctor
08-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Are you talking about your Stoeger? i've never had a gun that the blueing came off. maybe a little rust if i left it wet but gun oil has taken care of that.
Why would i take a leak on your gun, you seam to have a decent one. i'm still wondering how mine shoots.
Doc.

fezman
08-24-2004, 08:16 PM
sorry doc i forgot that you were new i was talking about my doc. he's neuterd but he still likes to wizz on my hunting stuff for some reason i think he gets mad when i dont take him :D http://www.glassartists.org/Images/UserImages/Thm3477_Picture_041.jpg

birddog
08-25-2004, 04:24 AM
blueing will wear off just like any other metal coating of its nature ..

that's it Fez ... now ya gotta buy a blueing kit and soak the sucka.

BTW .. do you think Doc was claiming ownership to the condor??

Doctor
08-25-2004, 08:13 AM
gotcha, nice looking dog. What part of the country do you hunt with him and for what do you hunt?
Doc

fezman
08-25-2004, 04:43 PM
the blueing was removed by somthing acidic. by the way that it's removal is patterned it looks like somthing was dripped on it like dog wizz or or accual blueing remover. i had to reblue the bbl on my mossburg so some were in my giant pile of crap in my work room i have some blueing im just irritated by it. i mite just touch it up with some black paint just to keep it from rusting. as for doc he wizzis on all my hunting stuff paints hats boots and now ill bet my gun box. he gets mad when i take the guns out and dont take him. if we go shooting i have to lock him in his crate when we leave so he wont rip appart the trash or wizz all over the house.
Doc i live out side philly pa and we go hunting in SE Pa for the most part and a couple spots over in NJ thats were the wiemaraner club is. we usualy hunt phesants and planted quail. occasinaly a bunny or other furry critter what ever crosses our path. :0

Doctor
08-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh,
I'm in upstate NY, outside Rochester. The whitetail hunting is premium here. In the 70's pheasant hunting was great but the coyotes and fox population exploded and there you have it.
went duck hunting in the St Lawrence region last fall and had a ball. my interest now is to get back into bird hunting via clays. i have a hunting/shooting club about 2 minutes from my house and it's dirt cheap to shoot there.
Looked at peasant hunting in North Dakota on the net yesterday and wholy crap they get some cash for that.
later,
Doc

fezman
08-29-2004, 12:40 AM
i also looked into one of those kinds of hunts but that price is quite a hard chunk o cash. i would go to montana any way and get some fishing in also.
what realy stinks around here is the fact that there is no where to hunt any more. i have to drive at least 2-3 hrs to go on public land and at least that far to a pay to play spot. its quite a debate among my friends. i like to work my dog and make sure he finds birds so i dont mind paying every once in a while. larry, moe and curly joe. would rather drink beer and sit around and talk about it. ive gone so far as setting up a little bird pen in the back yard just to keep the dogs interested. my nabors just love it...

Doctor
08-30-2004, 08:50 AM
I lived in western Montana while in school. I got a chance to hunt pheasant and sharptail grouse on private land on two occasions, free. with a freind who new the land owners with two britany spanials. i guess i din't understand the real value of that as that was 20 years ago.
I recently tried to track him down to see if i could set that up again with no luck.

Doc