PDA

View Full Version : Condor autoejector problem

cville tcl
12-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I just bought a condor O/U with autoejectors. I have fired the gun (>100 rounds) over the last several days and have never had the autoejectors function properly. Meaning that the gun doesn't auto eject the empty shells, I end up removing them by hand. I have greased and re-greased to no avail. Any advice? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Bryce Brodeur
12-01-2004, 02:37 PM
are you sure they are "autoejectors" my stoeger has the manualshellremover thingamagig.

cville tcl
12-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Good thought. The manual that it came with states clearly that it is an "autoejector" model. I just checked their website and they don't have any info.

Toolsguy
12-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I believe the Condor Supreme is the only O/U with ejectors. Is that the one you have?

efudd
12-01-2004, 09:55 PM
sounds like the toolsguy knows his stuff if the ejectors are connected they only lift the shells for manuel removal and if they are separate then they will extract the spent shell from the gun-- i have had both i like the manuel ones best

Toolsguy
12-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks. To clarify a bit further. The Condor Supreme has true ejectors meaning the ejectors will "launch" the shells out of the gun.

I'm not sure if the manual "non launching" kind are present on the regular Condors.

Hope this helps.

ps- FWIW, the Condor Supreme is also the only Condor with selective trigger too.

[ 12-02-2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Toolsguy ]

fezman
12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
the regular condor has “extractors” not ejectors careful examination of the owners manual clearly states “if so equipped” the manual is generic and covers all over & under shot guns made by stoger

timb99
12-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Never liked the auto ejectors anyway.

When I use my Condor for skeet shooting, I pull the hulls out and keep them for reloading anyway.

When I use it for hunting, I don't want to litter Farmer Fred's field with my empties, so I pull them out and put them in my pocket.

Tim

adrock
12-04-2004, 01:58 AM
I thought I read on another site that even if you have auto-ejectors, you can disable them to be "extractors" by turning some kind of screw head. Maybe yours is set in the "extractor" position

ILL HUNTER
12-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cville tcl:
I just bought a condor O/U with autoejectors. I have fired the gun (>100 rounds) over the last several days and have never had the autoejectors function properly. Meaning that the gun doesn't auto eject the empty shells, I end up removing them by hand. I have greased and re-greased to no avail. Any advice? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Well other then the trouble with the ejection of your spent shells how do like your condor, thinking of picking one up myself?

efudd
12-16-2004, 12:01 AM
if you do buy that condor you might have a quirk or two to deal with but my first o/u was a condor and my second was a condor--like the gun a lot i do