PDA

View Full Version : Condor supreme

Toolsguy
12-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Ok, forgive me for starting a wildfire here but I recently bought a Condor Supreme. Just getting into the sport of clay shooting and a bit of hunting and followed my friends advice to start with this gun.

I see a lot of bad reviews and comments about it. Is it really as bad as you say? I shot only two rounds of trap so far and liked it. I'm sure I would find a Browning or Benelli much more of an impressive weapon but simply dont have the cash at the moment.

Anyone have any good experiences with this gun?

efudd
12-01-2004, 10:38 PM
hey tooguy i too have a supreme and i have had some problems with the gun but hey i really like the way that the gun shoots, and i bought it just for the purpose of shooting clays and the only reason that i don't get more 25's is i lift my head, or i stop or some of those really stupid things that you do and when you pull that trigger you shake your head and say why did i do that , i have a friend that shoots a bt-99 and the stoeger will shoot with the best of the big boys krieghoff -bt-99-perazzi-browning citori trap grades, weatherby's and in my experience stoeger has given much better service than what weatherby has given my hunting and shooting buddy, but to put things into perspective i have only ran a little over two thousand round through this gun- my second stoeger--i just like that gun and i believe that you will to

efudd
12-01-2004, 10:45 PM
p.s. i misspelled toolsguy -- and i also have a beretta silver piegon trap grade and frankly the stoeger has a better pattern and the only thing that i would ask for is a barrellof thirty-two inches--and did you get into any ata shoots

nmarro
12-01-2004, 10:58 PM
No complaints for me...I really like the gun, and so far my gun is flawless. i really like my supreme, mainly because it fits me well, and i can swing it very well.

Toolsguy
12-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info. What is an ATA shoot? Kind of hard to find public access ranges where I live. There is one but its closed for winter at the moment. I'm going to inquire around up north of me if there are any private areas that would allow clay shooting.

[ 12-02-2004, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Toolsguy ]

adrock
12-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Good Lord! What the he11 do you use a 32" barrel for?? I grew up hunting quail and pheasant with a 26" or 28" barrel. haha

[ 12-04-2004, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: adrock ]

Toolsguy
12-04-2004, 07:46 PM
When trap shooting singles should I use the lower barrell?

skeet20
12-04-2004, 11:13 PM
The lower barrel being more in line with the stock gives less recoil. This is told to me by a lot tof the old time trap shooters. Personally i havent noticed much difference.

Toolsguy
12-05-2004, 09:44 AM
I have the chokes that came with the gun in there. Does the lower give a wider pattern and the top a more tight one or is it the other way around. Not sure how to tell what choke is what. The intructions dont indicate which is which.

fezman
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/customer-service/faq.tpl

the more notches on the choke end the wider pattern you can move them to which ever bbl you want i usualy put the wider choke in the first bbl and then the tighter choke in the second bbl because if you miss with the first shot the prey or clay will be further away

Toolsguy
12-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks Fez

efudd
12-16-2004, 01:41 AM
hey toolsguy that is amateur trapshooting association-- they have a web site at www.shootata.com (http://www.shootata.com) -- there is at present two other guys that i see at the trap club and shoot with , all of us with stoegers and we just say lets just show these guys what a cheap-*** shotgun can do and the birds go into dust just as good as the boys that have the impressive guns--cause it ain't the cost of the gun pardner it is the guy that pulls the trigger--most trap clubs have stories about some old guy with a beat up gun that really kicks behind and gets beers bought for him

efudd
12-16-2004, 01:46 AM
about the chokes you might try looking at extended choke tubes , i am now using briley tubes in improved modified and light full in my supreme and they have some good info on their web site

karday
12-18-2004, 06:00 PM
The issue I have witht he Condor Supreme is that I can 't get any support from the manufacturer and I live 5 minutes away. It is a great gun except for the problem of the safety engaging after the first shot which inhibits the firing od the second barrell. I sen *** in and thought it was fixed but after about 18 months of service out of the country I came back and when to shoot some clays and it misfired about 50% of the time. I can see a small dent on the primer on the miafires. I have been told that if I take off the stock and tighten the screw in the safety it fixes the problem but just doesn't seem like something a consumer should have to do with a new gun.