ComforTech R1

alakso

Does anybody have any additional info on the ComforTech R1, i.e. release date, price, etc.?

Also does anybody make fiber optic sights, or peep sights for an R1?

And will the new ComforTech R1 come with a low comb for iron sights and a high comb for scopes?

And finally will the R1 ever be offered in 7mm-08?

Originally posted by alakso:

Does anybody have any additional info on the ComforTech R1, i.e. release date, price, etc.?

Also does anybody make fiber optic sights, or peep sights for an R1?

And will the new ComforTech R1 come with a low comb for iron sights and a high comb for scopes?

And finally will the R1 ever be offered in 7mm-08?

Alasko-

Check it out.

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/r1-comfortech.tpl

Nelli Girl

Thanks Nelli Girl for all your help and info. To bad the barrel length on the ComforTech '06 is 22". Can a person order a ComforTech R1 with the '06 20" carbine barrel?

If you don't mind Nelli Girl I have some more questions.

Which Gel cheek/comb pad is shipped with this rifle? Will other sizes be available?

What types of open sight are available from Benelli for the R1?

Also tell my friends at Benelli that ComforTech R1's in 7mm-08 (just take one of those .308 barrels and stop at .284, lol) and .338 Win mag would be awesome!

Woliwon (Thanks in Penobscot) Nelli Girl.

List price is $1330 -- that's $300 more than the previuos version. I'm sure it's worth it though.

I wonder if they'll offer conversion parts? Looks like just a stock and fore-end (hand grip) upgrade.

Now, all I got to do is pry open my piggy bank once again...LOL

Glenn

Originally posted by alakso:

Thanks Nelli Girl for all your help and info. To bad the barrel length on the ComforTech '06 is 22". Can a person order a ComforTech R1 with the '06 20" carbine barrel?

If you don't mind Nelli Girl I have some more questions.

Which Gel cheek/comb pad is shipped with this rifle? Will other sizes be available?

What types of open sight are available from Benelli for the R1?

Also tell my friends at Benelli that ComforTech R1's in 7mm-08 (just take one of those .308 barrels and stop at .284, lol) and .338 Win mag would be awesome!

Woliwon (Thanks in Penobscot) Nelli Girl.

Hello Alasko,

The raised cheek piece is standard on the rifle, flush is optional. Parallel high comb is expected for 2006.

Optional adjustable rifle sights are available from Benelli.

Thanks for the caliber suggestions. Keep visiting the site for more information.

Nelli Girl

• 1 month later...

Found one!

An R1 Comfortech listed for $1049.00 plus shipping. That's not a huge jump in price. I paid $959.00 at Cabela's for my Std R1.

I really like the features this new version has to offer, but I much prefer the look of the Walnut stock. It's one seriously nice looking gun.

Well anyway, take a look at this link while it lasts.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976624538.htm

• 4 months later...

just wanted to comment on the helpfulness of the people in these forums - I'm very interested in purchasing an R1 in 30-06. It's a little pricy for me but maybe we can make it work. Anyways, I've been reading forums for 5 hours now (don't want to choose the wrong gun) and I find the comments very helpful. Thanks!