R1 Rail

Shredon

The gaps in the provided rail are .200 of an inch were as most rails are .150 leading to a sloppy fit.

Is the bolt/screw pattern on the barrel the same as any other rifle? So that one could put on another style of base?

Thanks

[ 01-14-2006, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Shredon ]

Bases for Browning BAR will fit the R1's bolt pattern, but you may run out of vertical adjustment on most 1" tube scopes.

The R1 base is tapered, but the BAR base is not.

Burris Signature rings with the plastic inserts will help to compensate for the variance.

The R1 base works fine for most folks. Just slide the rings forward and tighten them down.

I use the Leupold cross slot style rings.

Thank you! I will take the taper into consideration. Does any one konw about the optional recoil pads that are available for the desired length of pull (14.4", 14", 13.7")? From the pictures on the benelli site it seems that mine shipped with the 14". I would like the 13.7(short arms). Are the picture's correct even thou Benelli states in their specs a 13.75 LOP?