Is there a limit to trigger adjustability

BenelliTman

Can a competent gunsmith reduce the trigger pull to 3.5 pounds, or does it depend on the trigger?

i.e. do I need to hand pick an R1 from the store that has the lowest pull on the rack and hope it can be adjusted even lower?

I am afraid of buying one with 6lb pull and only being able to reduce it to 5lb by a gunsmith.

I purchased an R1 Comfortech about 45 days. Off the shelf the trigger was a little over 5 pounds. The gun smith I had work on it brought it down to 3.25-3.5 pounds. I can't tell you what all was involved, but I can say that when I shot my old Remington, after shooting the Benelli, I couldn't believe the difference.

I also asked the gun smith if there were any concerns adjusting my R1 down. Such as, could the gun somehow fire again on its own? That wasn't a concern at these weights according to him. I have shot the gun probably 50+ times since then, and the trigger with shells in the clip, have worked w/o any trouble.

When I bought it, he thought he would get it down to about 4 lbs. It cost me $50. Pretty cheap, and well worth it.

Good luck

Jim

I just got my R1 this week, I put 40 rounds true it and was not impressed by the trigger.

I adjusted it my self (adjusted the springs, no polishing or grinding), I now have a trigger pull around 3.2 and a very smooth trigger.

The lower limit for the trigger pull, is the energy the trigger needs, when You release the trigger after a shot, here the trigger has to move from the lock that catches the hammer after a shot (where the trigger is still pulled back), and move it over to the lock that releases the hammer when You pull the trigger again.

Originally posted by holmux:

I just got my R1 this week, I put 40 rounds true it and was not impressed by the trigger.

I adjusted it my self (adjusted the springs, no polishing or grinding), I now have a trigger pull around 3.2 and a very smooth trigger.

The lower limit for the trigger pull, is the energy the trigger needs, when You release the trigger after a shot, here the trigger has to move from the lock that catches the hammer after a shot (where the trigger is still pulled back), and move it over to the lock that releases the hammer when You pull the trigger again.

I just finish sighting my R1, I scoped it with a Buck Master 3-9x40 BDC, I put 100 Winchester Super X .300 WSM 180 grain power point (X300WSM) true the gun over the last week, and my groups are getting closer and lands at the center I aim fore (100 yards)

This load is for heavy game CXP3, to heavy for Deer hunting next month, but probably a god load for ‘Shooting in the barrel’.

I will try some lighter loads next week, I ordered some Winchester Supreme XP3 .300 WSM 150 Grain and some 180 grain.

After shooting with my gloves on at the range, I adjusted my trigger pull a little up again to get a better control.

Overall I am satisfied with my R1, I just need to fix the front stock so I docent rattle lose all the time, I believe this will work with a O-ring or similar.