question about teal

geeseM2

THANKS EVERYONE. I LOVE CAJUN FOOD AND I AM TESTING SOME RECIPES. TODAY I AM GOING TO TRY A RECIPE THAT IS LIKE JAMBOLIA HOPE SPELLING IS RIGHT. I USE TABASCO FOR HOT SAUCE. AND I AM ALLSO GOING TO TRY A RECIPE THAT HAS ORANGE ALLSO MAY BE SOMETHING WITH CRANNBERRY OR WILD BERRY. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME OR SEND A PM AGAIN THANK YOU.

REMEMBER IF YOU DONT USE THE BEST THEY WILL NOT DIE LIKE THE REST.... BENELLI M2

Originally posted by geeseM2:

thanks for clearing it up . I kept the teal anyways. now just need recipes any sites or any suggestions on how to cook? how about a bog or cajun stile taking some up home for a hunting trip. will any waterfowl recipe work?

- GeeseM2

I suggest that you check out www.stoegerpublishing.com or click the link at the top of the FORUMS page and go to the cookbook section.

They have wonderful books (Wild about Game Birds and Wild about Waterfowl) that address your question about game bids.

Bon Apetit!

Nelli Girl

[ 10-15-2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Nelli Girl ]

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm stuck in a rut, but I always marinate duck breasts in a bit of Italian dressing and then put them on the grill until they're medium rare. I think they're better than chocolate.

Teal are wonderful fare. The only problem I ever have with teal is that you need 2 or 3 of them per person.

1. marinate whole Teal in italian dressing for at least 24 hours

2. brown the ducks thoroughly in olive oil and then remove and add to a baking dish

3. brown a few links of andoulle sausage and stuff them inside the Teal

4. Sautee onions, bell pepper, and celery until tender

5. While sauteeing vegetables stuff Teal with two slices of apple and two slices of fresh jalepeno surrounding the sausage

6. Pour the sauteed vegetables over the Teal

7. Add a cup of white cooking wine and bake at 350 until done

This is by far my favorite way to eat ducks. My neighbor gave me this recipe last year and now I cook almost all my ducks and doves like this.