Gunna Hitem Hard This Week!!!!

bowhunt101

Hey fellas, this is the last week of duckseason here in NC, after this week we can hunt snowgeese but dont really have a goodspot for them yet so Ima shoot ducks as much as possible before the week is up.... Even though it is gunna be 70degrees tommorow Im heading out in the morning to hit a pond in Perquimans.... A few ducks using that place so maybe they will come in to the dekes or something, dont know, but aint but one way to find out.... I think they are staying in a bigpond near a house and just pass through this pond so I intend to getem when they pass by....

Last year I hunted in the big pond and had some goodshooting in there about this time of year BUT now that the house is there it is loaded down with ducks and they wont let me hunt no more.... Reckon they dont like hearing a shotgun and duck-call at 6 in the morning lol....

Monday and tuesday Im going duckhunting to but dont know where yet, still debating on whether to hit a pond or creek or what.... But anyways Im going on and on now so Ill be back tommorow night with a report on how it went....-tim

Well headed out this morning at a bombing 50degrees at first-light (used the truck-thermometer on the way there).... Got my decoys put out and everything and got situated and then right as I was getting right and situated I heard some ducks fly low over my head like headed back towards the swamp.... I tried not to move cus I didnt wanna spookem so I just slowly got my gun ready incase they turned but they never did they kept right on trucking and I never even saw what kind of duck it was.... Well I heard a few more ducks off in the swamp getting up and sitting down but none came into the pond I was hunting and at about 8:00am the swans and geese got to moving.... It was just flocks and flocks of swans and canadians for most of the day but canada season is out here and I dont have a swan-permit so that was a no show to.... Now here is the kicker.... This is a private-pond and we leave our 12' johnboat back there with a paddle for picking up decoys, we keep it back in the bushes where nobody can see it but we know where it is (or so we thought) and like I always do I went to get the boat when I was ready to pick up decoys, and you guessed it there was no boat!!.. Apparently somebody that we didnt know goes back there and noticed our lil boat and decided to pick it up instead of us so now thanks to some theifs I was at that moment trying to figure out how I was going the get my decoys back with just knee-boots on.... As I may have mentioned before I dont own any waders so I was scrued for a moment.... It was to hot for waders anyways and by this point in the day it was around 60-65degrees I guess.... I eventually decided to do my best lol, I broke off a SMALL dead tree and waded as far as possible into the pond with my knee-boots on, somehow I managed to snag three or four of my decoys with that dang tree and then snagged the rest with the weight from my other decoys line.... It was a mess but I will remember to make sure I have someway to get my dekes back in before I putem out again lol.... After that I decided to check out some other ponds back there before leaving so I could have a better place to hunt monday.... Took my gun and went on a walk down the path to the pits and there where ducks swimming around in the pond, but not having no boat I opted not to shoot lol.... I think monday we are gunna set up on this pond and see what we can do, it was right many ducks in there to be as hot as it was today and god only knows how many canadian geese lol.... Only geese around when goose season aint in lol.... Well thought Id let yall know hwo the hunt went so takemeasy and have a goodun....-tim

If you're in the NE Zone, as defined by this map (pdf), then you can only take one Canada per year with a special permit.

If you're in what's termed as the "Resident Population Zone" (same map), which includes a considerable portion of NE NC, then you can take Canada Geese at 5 per day through Jan. 28th.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_04_hunting.htm

[ 01-21-2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Ok, thanks for the information.... My buddy got sick on me today so looks like Im going solo tommorow morning, dont plan on hunting for to long with no more ducks than are staying around (heat is killing us), and then the rest of the day gunna ride and look for new spots I guess, Ill prolly hunt till about 9:30am or 10:00am I reckon and then Tuesday Im gunna hunt hopefully, wish me luck....-tim

Hey bowhunt101 im in Chowan county and ive been getting a plenty of action here in the last week or so. Lots of woodies and teal seen some ringnecks,gadwall and mallards come in spurts. me and my buddie at least get or limit in woodies every time we go and we had off all last week. I went in the river or in gates Sat morning in my boat blind and saw 2 huge flocks of mallards but didnt catch there attenion. happy huntin

Yeah 10-4 glad to hear you are doing good, I am in Pasquatank-County and have been hunting Perquimans.... I got up this morning to the sound of rain, I then remembered that I did not have anybody to go hunting with me so I opted not to go and left my decoys at home and went to the truck-stop to get some coffee and BS with the boys before everybody went off to work.... Ended up going to Manteo to get some ropes and it figures I saw PLENTY of ducks along the way in ponds and stuff.... Saw a bunch of Ringnecks that I thought looked perty, some Bluebills, and some Mallards I guess they where but it figures that I didnt hunt this morning lol.... Ive decided to go regardless in the morning because it may be the last day I get to hunt before the season goes out due to a new semester at school starting next-week.... You fellas takemeasy and have a goodhunt....-tim

My buddy called last-night and said he felt good enough to hunt today so we loaded up this morning and where putting decoys out before sunrise.... We got setup about the time the geese started flying and it wont long after the ducks started moving.... We where hunting some ponds farther back in the swamp today and we saw a truckload of ducks.... I dont think we had setup quite right though, all of the ducks avoided us and our two-dozen decoys somehow lol.... Also saw enough swans to fill a pickup-truck with and had a good time so if I get off work and go Saturday thats good, if not, Ive had a good-season so you fellas takemeasy and have a goodhunt..........-tim