I-12 for duck/ turkey/ crow

mightyAR

I'm looking at the I-12 as a duck/ turkey/ crow gun. Well really it will be used when I need some thing more then a 28 gauge. I don't know if I'm on the right track. What finish for a hard use gun? :confused:

I'm replacing my old 12 gauge and want something that I can trust, like my old friend but can use steel shot.

Well I try to keep my guns in good shape, but this is going to be a hard use gun, and one that I use for most game except upland bird. I'll still use my Franchi 48AL 28 gauge for that.

I have to say that it is between the Franchi I-12 or the Remington 11-87. I like both and as far as I can tell they are both high quality. I'm leaning tward the I-12.

Any more advise would be good as the I-12 is new, and the 11-87 has been around.

The I-12 had some problems the first year out, but I've heard nothing but good things about this year's crop.

ANY Inertia gun is going to stay cleaner and be easier to maintain.

That translates into more time spent shooting and less time spent cleaning.

I have found that my SBEII functions well with very little lubrication. I'd expect the same of the I-12.

Without the excess oils, the gun will attract less dirt and retain less fouling.

A lot of 11-87's out there, and most owners are happy with them.

Remington has a new model out, and I've heard nothing but praise for the Baikal / Remington gun.

For a hard knocks gun, it gets great reviews as well.

Originally posted by tucker301:

The I-12 had some problems the first year out, but I've heard nothing but good things about this year's crop.

ANY Inertia gun is going to stay cleaner and be easier to maintain.

That translates into more time spent shooting and less time spent cleaning.

I have found that my SBEII functions well with very little lubrication. I'd expect the same of the I-12.

Without the excess oils, the gun will attract less dirt and retain less fouling.

A lot of 11-87's out there, and most owners are happy with them.

Remington has a new model out, and I've heard nothing but praise for the Baikal / Remington gun.

For a hard knocks gun, it gets great reviews as well.

Well thinks for the help, I think the I-12 will be my choice. I have done alot of reading. It seams to be a good gun. I'm leaning to an I-12 in Hardwood HD