last hunt

snow gooser

We'll it's my last hunt this saturday, for a while that is. the other day they found cancer and a big stagh infection in my leg and my leg is comin off on monday. my dads takin me to north dokota im so excited. he buaght me a 1100 remington and was wonderin what shells to use in this gun and how good of a gun this.

thanx talk to you guys in a while

:( Sorry about your leg. That just sucks.

The 1100 is a good all around gun. I know a one person that uses it for waterfowl and is very happy. I'm guessing its a 12 ga so 2 3/4" and 3" shells with anywhere from #4 shot to BB shot will work fine depending on what your hunting. I personally use 3" shells with #2 shot most of the time for close range geese and ducks. Winchester, Kent, Remington and Federal all make good shot shells. You could always go with Hevi-shot or one of the other more expensive none toxic alternatives.

Hope you get well soon and are back to dropping ducks before long. smile.gif

snow gooser,

I am very sorry to hear about your leg.

That's tough at any age, but at 15... I can't imagine.

You sound like a great young man, and it sounds like you've got a good attitude towards all of this.

That's very important.

Stay positive and stay focused on your goals, and you'll be back out there in no time.

The 1100 is a good gun, and you should have no problems with it.

The barrel will be stamped regarding whether it's chambered for 3" or not.

If it doesn't have 3" printed on it, it won't take 3".

If it is stamped 3", it will handle 2-3/4" and 3" shells.

I'd lead off with 2's, followed by BB's.

Give them snows He||, young man!

We look forward to hearing from you, and don't forget to post some pics of the hunt if you can!

God be with you and your family.

Scott

I hope you have a great trip! It'll certainly be a tough thing that you endure, but man... you're young and you have a lot of hunting to look forward to I think.

Work hard to recover and always keep a positive attitude and you'll do well in life, no matter what life throws at you. As long as you can keep your head up and enjoy life as much as possible, you'll do well.

Good luck on your hunt, it sounds like an excellent time and is definitely something I'd like to do some day.

Keep us posted man, we're thinking of you and will put in a good word with the man upstairs for everything to go as good as possible.

Knock off some feathers for me. smile.gif

Darby

snow gooser,

Hope your hunting trip is a lot of fun and good luck with the 1100-----I have had two of them and had excellent service from them.

The guys here at the forum will be thinking of you while you recover from your medical procedure. Get back with us when you get a chance.

Ted