Turkey choke for 12 ga. M-1

mdwolff

I am looking for a turkey choke for a 12 ga. Benelli M-1. I am considering a Patternmaster, Primos Jelly Head, or Comp-N-Choke. Has anyone found the "perfect" turkey choke? How about amount of constriction = .665? Other?

I use Winchester 3" high velocity (1 3/4 grams) #5's.

[ 02-05-2005, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: mdwolff ]

I have a Nova,I use a H.S Strut Undertaker choke.The constriction is .665. I use Hevi Shot 31/2 #6 11/2 oz load. I shot it yesterday at life size turkey head target.At 40 yards I put 31 pellets in the head and neck. There is probably something better out there,but I am goingto stick with this. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by TurkeyKrazy:

I have a Nova,I use a H.S Strut Undertaker choke.The constriction is .665. I use Hevi Shot 31/2 #6 11/2 oz load. I shot it yesterday at life size turkey head target.At 40 yards I put 31 pellets in the head and neck. There is probably something better out there,but I am goingto stick with this. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I believe the 3" gun may perform differently than the 3 1/2.

[ 02-07-2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: mdwolff ]

• 3 weeks later...

We checked patterns last weekend with the M-1 and SBE, shooting Win. #5 and #6 The chokes we tried were Kicks .660, Rhino .660 and .658, Comp-N-Choke XXXfull, Briley Hevi-Shot .675 and Hastings .640. The best combo for the M-1 was the Hastings .640 with the 2oz. loads of #6, the C-n-C was a close second. The best for the SBE was the Kicks .660 and 2 1/4oz #6.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although I'm the only hunter using a Nellie (Benelli) out of our hunting group, 2 hunters use a

Berretta along with me and my Nellie. After alot of

trial and error over the years we've all settled on shooting 2 oz's of #5's through a quality 665 choke

gives us outstanding patterns and clean kills. A note

for some of you: In "Nellie" I'm sliding those #5's down a 18.5" barrel. Good luck and good hunting to all gentlemen... BE SAFE;;;