SBE II Rhino .660 Win XR's...

mudhen

This is pretty much a standard pattern from my SBE II with a Rhino .660 and Winchester 3.5" XR's #6's at 36 yards. I put the B spacer back in to get the lift in the pattern.

About 56% in the target. I'd like a few more, but this does allow for some snakey-head movement. 29 hits in the 3" is fine for me. Same for 19 in the bones.

It drops to about 45% at 40 yards.

turk06.jpg

I think this gun can do better, but it will have to do for now...

mudhen - CA

Mudhen,

All of your testing has hopefully saved me some money. I bought the Rhino .660 and the 3.5" #6 Xtended Winchesters. I like the idea of a tight pattern that isn't so tight it will cause me to miss at close range. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance to pattern. Thanks for all of the good info.

Just patterned my Rhino 2" .660 in my SBE1 with Win XR 3 1/2" #5s & #6s and 3" #6s. Same results, absolutely bad ***!!!! Within 20 yards he ain't gonna have no heead.

It also patterns Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote Ts and 4 buckshot really well (better than .673) for predators.

Has anyone shot the XR #4s? If so what choke?