Burris Speed Dot Scope

ShellShocked

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a camo version for myself and a co-worker a few weeks ago. I like it. I've never used red-dot scopes before, but it seems to work well. Has no magnification though. The camo was a dead on match for my co-workers SBE II camo.

Natchez Shooter's Supply was the only place I could find the camo Spped Dot in stock.

Good Luck,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in purchasing a speed dot, and checked with Natchez Shooters Supply. They have one in stock, it comes with the rings, but they could not tell me if it comes with the camo base. Anyone know if it does or not? If not, where do i get the Camo base?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I just purchased an SBEII and the speed dot 135. The burris speed dot comes with the rings and base so you'll be all set out of the box.

BTW, I love it, not only does it look cool with the matching camo, but it is by far the best red dot I have ever seen. The 35mm tube is excelent. Target acqusition is instant, whether your shooting one eye or both eyes open!

It should be drilled. Take another look at tje top of the reciever. Where it is drilled there will be scews or plugs in it.

That's one of the selling points of the package...no messing around.

This is from the SBEII page on Benelli's website...

"The Super Black Eagle II uses the proven Benelli Inertia Driven® bolt mechanism that allows it to shoot 2¾", 3" and even 3½" magnum ammunition without adjustments. In addition, the Super Black Eagle II incorporates some basic improvements, such as a drilled and tapped receiver."

• 3 months later...
It should be drilled. Take another look at tje top of the reciever. Where it is drilled there will be scews or plugs in it.

That's one of the selling points of the package...no messing around.

This is from the SBEII page on Benelli's website...

"The Super Black Eagle II uses the proven Benelli Inertia Driven® bolt mechanism that allows it to shoot 2¾", 3" and even 3½" magnum ammunition without adjustments. In addition, the Super Black Eagle II incorporates some basic improvements, such as a drilled and tapped receiver."

You definitely need to have your gun drilled by a gunsmith. I had mine done a few weeks ago. The Burris SpeedDot 135 is the perfect red dot for the SBE II, but you need the help of a pro to have it installed on your gun. Remember that there is no magnification at all with the Burris SpeedDot as it is a scope you use at about 60 to 70 metres for big game shooting. You've got the choice of two different size dots. The bigger one for really quick aiming and the smaller dot for longer distance shooting.

It's an easy job for your gunsmith but I would not try to drill holes in my gun myself to be honest so it's not that easy to fix. It does come with the rings and with the plate to mount it. The screws were not the right ones though (that's what my gunsmith told me) so he had to use longer screws. I tell you, you should be really carefull before you start to do the job yourself. You dont want to dammage a gun of that quality. Leave it to a pro.

It comes with everyting to mount on an SBEII including the base.

Just open the box, grab the appropriate tools and in five minutes you'll be ready to go to the range and sight in.

Apparently, the SBE are now drilled and tapped in the US. That's great because then it is really easy to install the Burris SpeedDot 135. But if not (it was the case for my SBE II - It was not drilled and tapped), you really need to ask to a gunsmith to do the job. It sits perfectly on my SBE II and it's easy to ajust (you just need a screwdriver).

I had mine done a few weeks ago. I am really pleased with it. I am looking forward to try it with slugs during my holiday in Quebec in September.

Remember there is no magnification with the SpeedDot as it's used on short distance (60 to 70 metres) for big game shooting. You've got the choice of two reticules, a bigger one to aim really quickly, and a smaller one for the longer distance shooting with precision. If you try to shoot a deer at 400 metres with your SpeedDot, the dot will probably look bigger than the animal itself. So you have to be sensible and not to try shooting big games at more then let say 100-150 metres if you're a good shot.

• 3 weeks later...