Slugs for smooth bore

NOVACarl

• 3 weeks later...

You could get a benelli factory rifled choke tube or you might want to look on ebay. I've seen a bunch recently and they are ported as well to help with recoil or muzzle blast. they go for about $20-30, but a little extra spin could help level those slugs out a bit. What choke were you using anyway?

lokewolf,

Know anything about the M1 Practical? It has a Benelli-supplied choke tube (cylinder) onto which a compensator is screwed. Received that and 3 other non-compensator tubes for the Practical. Benelli customer service has said the compensator may be used with tubes other than the cylinder, yet the others do not have the screw-on capability for the compensator. Do the extended tubes on the Benelli website (under accessories) allow the screw-on compensator, to your knowledge? If not, any idea where to get them? I tried Brownells, but no luck. Thanks and stay safe. Tacman

I just learned something new about Brennekke slugs... don't use them with a choked barrel...they are sized to fit real tight into a smooth bore barrel and having a choke including cylinder isn't recommended because of the tight fit. THey are really intended for smooth bore barrels without chokes.

Have you found a slug yet that doesn't shoot eliptical holes in the paper?

Tacman,

i was using Brenneke rifled slugs out of my bird barrel with Imp Cyl choke. I won't be using that anymore since I now have a rifled slug barrel to use. Gonna upgrade to Sabots and shoot either the Winchester partition gold sabot or the Remington Core lokt sabots both are 385 gr sabots...at 1900fps thru a 2 3/4" shell. smile.gif