Good target load for a SBE?

Valheru

Hey all,

I'm shooting a Rem 870 ('till I get my SuperNova!) and have had great patterns with a load of Win209 primer, 22.5gr Universal, Claybuster White 8 wad, and 1.125oz #7.5 or #8 shot in a Rem/Peters hull.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work at all for my dad and his SBE, or another buddy with a SportII.

I've just started reloading a month ago and I am wondering if anyone has a few suggestions for loads to try for my dad. Mostly we're doing Sporting Clays and Trap, with Skeet once in a while.

Anyone? Anything?

Hi,

I have a SBE I, I have been shooting skeet with it for 2 seasons. I reload a 1oz, 1300 fps load using hodgdon international powder. I like hodgdon international it is a clean burning powder. I have not had too much cycling problems except when gun is dirty. I have factory springs in gun, I think they are a little weaker than replacement aftermarket springs. I use all winchester AA hulls and winchester 209 primers. Go to hodgdon web page and get the exact receipe. http://www.hodgdon.com/data/shotshel/index.php

If I have the limbsavor recoil pad on or the mercury recoil reducer in these loads may not cycle

I have been loading just 3 years or so and get alot of satisfaction from it.

Good Shooting,

Regg

Sorry Valheru, that is a 1235 fps load not 1300

Regg

Originally posted by rdn:

[QB] Hi,

I have a SBE I, I have been shooting skeet with it for 2 seasons. I reload a 1oz, 1300 fps load using hodgdon international powder.