Which Benelli choke?

Seneca

Hi there,

Just a quick question for the board.

Specifically, which of the chokes that came with my Benelli Nova should I be using for waterfowling? I normally use Hevi-Shot "#2" and "B" for duck and geese with the choke marked "**" (2 marks). Seems to work well from a blind, but I would like to know if the other chokes would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

Seneca

• 3 weeks later...

lol SO hevi shot isnt lead ... and its not steel.. ty load guru tucker ... this is why i came to the site to learn so i can someday hopefully be wise like you .. I just started waterfowl hunting last month, and was handed the shells I used,.... * bowing to the guru of waterfowl ammo and guns... thank you again old wise ones =P

Correct.

Hevi-shot is neither lead nor steel, but when determining chokes to use, hevi-shot can be equated with lead for that purpose.

That's why Fold Em posted the simple equation above.

If you don't know what you're dojng, I strongly suggest latching onto an experienced waterfowler in your area and allowing him to mentor you.

Reading books and Internet forums just isn't the best way to learn how to shoot and how to hunt.