Can you shoot HEVI-SHOT in a turkey choke?

gregor187

I have a few boxes of older (2 or 3 year old) Hevi shot. It is in a green box and hasTUNG-NICKEL-Shot on the box. It is 1 1/4

oz. three inch shells.

Can this be shot in a Briley turkey choke in a Benelli?

The website and the box is a little vauge on the topic. Thanks to anyone that knows.. Gregor187

I have a few boxes of older (2 or 3 year old) Hevi shot. It is in a green box and hasTUNG-NICKEL-Shot on the box. It is 1 1/4

oz. three inch shells.

Can this be shot in a Briley turkey choke in a Benelli?

The website and the box is a little vauge on the topic. Thanks to anyone that knows.. Gregor187

I shoot it thru my SBEII with a Extended Tube from Briley with no problems but i called and ordered it from them and made sure i got what i paid for and not something someone else said would be good for me and it patterns nicely! I would also not shoot a shell that old in any 1700.00 shotgun but if ya have taken care of the shells they will probably be no issue!! Hope that answered your question if ya need help with ignore button i am sure there will be play by play instructions soon!! Too bad they have not been able to figure them out!!

Majority of choke manufacturers will explain which choke fits your gun and what type ammo it will run thru each different choke. The chokes which came with your SBEII are for lead shot as marked on the side of the tube. Wikipedia has some good info on explaining choke constriction unless Dr. Phil is trolling the board! He is DUH MAN on this board!! This issue is not too complicated but second hand info could lead to problems as in stuck choke tubes, missing front sights, benelli will answer your technical question in a timely manner and i have called on occasion and got good info that "I" trust! Most choke manufacturesr are going to tell you that their chokes are da best but ya might have to experiment with what works for you, couple of the proven chokes are the Rhino's, Patternmasters, and briley.