M2000 choke/ammo

youngbuck79

The last two years I hunted with my father-in-laws stoeger 2000, and I used the undertaker choke with 3" federal #4 and got three turkeys each year, this year I bought a stoeger 2000 turkey and now I am trying different chokes and shells to find the right one. good luck!

I might be able to help you out. My buddy bought the same shotgun last year. Atter buying several choke tubes and turkey shells we found that the best choke tube/shell combo was the TruGlo ported extended choke and Winchester high velocity 3" number 5's. This combo was by far the best. Hope this helpsa little. Good luck in the field.;)

For the 2000 most choke manufacturers recommend different tube diameters based upon the size shot your going to use. For instance the tube I bought for mine is the Kicks Gobblin Thunder. I shoot a load of #5's and for that load it is recommended that I have a choke diameter of .660. If I had decided to use #4's they recommended a tube diameter of .665 . I found that my GT tube held an excellent pattern out to 40 yards. Now we can all tell you what our favorite tubes are but if you read some of the threads for the 2000 you will find several folks tell you that the Xfull turkey choke that comes with your gun is good as well. Good luck figuring it all out.

I just finally got to pattern my new m-2000 turkey and I shot three different shells and tried two different chokes. The factory choke did not do near as well as the undertaker did, the undertaker with remington #5 nitro turkey put 36 hits on the turkeys head and neck at 40 yards. All of the others were not even close to that. I am super pumped and ready for opening day.

I purchased an Indian Creek choke for my Stoeger and Benelli. I shot it in the Stoeger this weekend and I am very satisfied. It outperformed the factory XFT, Super Max, and Jellyhead chokes. I am very impressed and can't wait to try it in the Nova. Although it didn't like the Hevi-13 #6 loads, it loved the Remington Duplex 4x6s and Remington Nitro #6s. It was the choke brand that took the NWTF award for most pellets in a 3 inch circle from 40 yards. I think it put 45 pellets in there.