primos jellyhead

jlefud

try the WInchester Supreme Elite Extended Range Turkey #6's also 3$ a pop but it shredds the target!! can only buy on line as far as i know and box of 10= 30.00+S&H but worth every penny!! what you are shooting is like night and day difference!! MOst place are sold out buy i think BASS PRO has a few, people but this stuff months before season for a reason!! I just got my primos JH about a week ago and have not patterned yet but i did adjust my shims and need to bust a few!! For 12 GA they have 3 1/2" STXS12L6 and 3" STXS1236 either will work pretty darn good! http://www.winchester.com will get ya into the correct box! click on shotshell then middle of page Supreme Elite Extended Range Turkey's

I have a Kicks .655 that patterns Win HV 3 1/2' #5s very well. I use a Rhino .660 for the Win XR 3 1/2" #5&6s. Since the Jellyhead is a .655 I'm assuming you're shooting a SBE1. I did not have much luck with the XRs & Kicks .655, but every choke is different.

try the WInchester Supreme Elite Extended Range Turkey #6's also 3$ a pop but it shredds the target!! can only buy on line as far as i know and box of 10= 30.00+S&H but worth every penny!! what you are shooting is like night and day difference!! MOst place are sold out buy i think BASS PRO has a few, people but this stuff months before season for a reason!! I just got my primos JH about a week ago and have not patterned yet but i did adjust my shims and need to bust a few!! For 12 GA they have 3 1/2" STXS12L6 and 3" STXS1236 either will work pretty darn good! www.winchester.com will get ya into the correct box! click on shotshell then middle of page Supreme Elite Extended Range Turkey's

Yes the XR #6's shreds a target, but can they kill a bird. I patterned them in a SBE, SBE II, and Browning Gold all with remarkable patterns at 40 yds. Problem was I found shot stuck in the paper plates each time. I removed the plate and found TONS of shot stuck in the surface of the plywood I stapled the plate to. Must not of had much energy! On the other hand, my Nitro 51013 4 x 5 x 7, a little better pattern, plus the 4's blew through the plate and 1/2 inch plywood. That'll kill a bird!

Yes the XR #6's shreds a target, but can they kill a bird. I patterned them in a SBE, SBE II, and Browning Gold all with remarkable patterns at 40 yds. Problem was I found shot stuck in the paper plates each time. I removed the plate and found TONS of shot stuck in the surface of the plywood I stapled the plate to. Must not of had much energy! On the other hand, my Nitro 51013 4 x 5 x 7, a little better pattern, plus the 4's blew through the plate and 1/2 inch plywood. That'll kill a bird!

XR 6's killing birds at 40 yards is a non-issue. I get complete pass through on live heads at 40 and beyond. XR 6's will penetrate skin at 140 yards.

The Fed HW 7's and XR 6's are blowing my target boards over at 40 yards.

I do shoot 51013 Nitro, but I think relying on 20-25 #4's could be a bit risky.

If one is worried about knockdown power at longer distances, it might be better to try larger shot like HS/XR 5's or even 4's.

Lots of guys are going to Nitro straight loads as well. Next year I'm going to try some Nitro straight 6's & 7's.

I'm even toying with a 20 ga turkey gun for 2008 using Nitro straight 7's.