Purchased Pure Gold choke tube for SBE II

csvt99

Since I have yet to see any results from the pure gold .670 on the web, I decided to give it a shot (pun intended :rolleyes:). I also ordered a box of Winchester Supreme 3.5" 2oz. 5's to test. I may also try some Winchester 3" 2oz. 6's that I shot out of my NWTF Win. 1300. I'm getting married next week so I didn't want drop the extra $$$ for the high density stuff. I'll post the results when I get the goods. I plan to pattern against a 4'x4' sheet of paper fastened to a skid, at multiple ranges. Any other tips? I shoot a 24" SBE II.

The winchester supreme and the Extended Range are 2 completly different animals but both do pretty good it's just the ER is like twice as good as the supreme!! the supreme will work great for closer shots and ER is what it says good for longer shots due to design and $$$. plus it works as a tenderizing agent if you shoota liitle low at longer ranges. night and day difference in patterns though!!

I know the high density stuff is better, and I might try some of my friend's hevy shot as well. On the other hand, the 20+ lb bird I shot last year with a 10.5" beard didn't go anywhere, and I was using those Winchester 3" 2oz. 6s with a Winchester extra full choke. Shot was at 45 yards. I figure the 3.5" 5's should do just as well, since they are a good bit faster and bigger. We'll see once I pattern. Also, if anyone has good results with high density shot and this choke tube, I'll be sure to try it once I can afford the shells, but I haven't been able to find anything so far. I will say those Nitros 4x5x7 look very tempting :)