buckkshot loads

jakemd

Anyone experimented with the Benelli screw in choke system for buckshot loads. I have IC, MOD, IMOD and Full. Will be shooting 3" or 3 1/2" 00 buckshot loads out of a 12 ga super black eagle. Just looking for a place to start in order to find a good choke and buckshot load combination. Thanks dd

I have tried #4 buckshot in a M-2, best results were with factory full choke, because you are going to a bigger shot size I would start with factory IM choke! Go to shotguns and more shotguns web site or check out Dixie slugs, they make some awesome products and they do alot of research before leasing products to the public.

Been a while since i hunted with BS but what will you be hunting? the 3.5 round out on the market seems to be few and far between and thier velocitys seem lower but pellet counts are higher!! If it were me i would be hunting deer in thick woods like i did when i was a youngster i would just use the 00 BS, and my old 870 only had full so it did a decent job, never went hungry!! just take it to pattern board and give it a whirl to see if your gun fit is ok for you and make sure your pattern is on line!! i would do this before hunting anything with it so ya did not waste time and money and come back swearing about this thing could not hit the broad side of a barn!! SBEII are adjustable and seems people have issues with not knowing it was adjustable and are surprised to find pattern 10" low at 40 yds!! if it was home defense i would go with 2 3/4 more pellets higer velocity, hunting i would go with larger pellets for large game and

Been using #1 and 00 3" in my SBE while hunting whitetail in Tuskegee AL. with the full choke with good results, but got the Kick's BUCK KICKER X-FL.680 with OUTSTANDING results if at all possible you can go here and purchase at a fair price if you want to go with a aftermarket tube..

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=KK&category=0&prodID=KKBKBER680

• 2 weeks later...

I did some testing just for sh!ts and giggles. Out of my SBE II with 3 1/2 Federal Copper + buffered plated OO buck, and a mod choke gave me the best results out to 40 yards.

But for hunting of small helpless animals, I use 2 3/4 remington OO buck out of a turkey choke. Talk about TIGHT groups :)

• 2 weeks later...

Helo Friends.....I thought I would drop in and tell everyone that we will be shipping the all new 12 ga 3 1/2" Tri-Ball III (three .600" hard cast balls/buckshot @ 1200+'/") in June. This oad is a take off of our 12 ga 3" Tri-Ball II load that has been a run-away!

For more information see Dixie Slugs (dixieslugs.com) or email me at [email protected]

Regards to All, James

I have patterned many Benelli,s over the years. I have found the IM. or Mod to be the best for 3inch 00

buckshot shells. On a few ocassions full has been the best.

IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS BUCKSHOT SHOOTER. Buy a Pattenmaster or Wad Wizard buckshot choke.

I bought some 3.5 remington 00 and getting 13 out of 18 pellets in a 24 by 24 inch square at 50 yards. Everyone that buys a Patternmaster swears by it, Recomended a dozen or so in the last few years.

Best if Luck