M4 Magazine Extension; need new magazine spring?

Rick44

In interest of reliability, is anyone using or offering for sale a longer magazine spring to work with the extended magazines on the M4? Is it necessary?

I'm having feeding problems with a brand new M4 and am wondering if it may be that the magazine spring is too weak after installing a magazine extension.

Any help or comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am relatively new to the M4, but now I am even more confused.

Mine is a California bought model. It holds 3 in the tube and one in the chamber. I see that Dadams sells extensions to hold 7, using the factory spring.

However, the above posts refer to the extension adding 2 rounds, and can use the factory spring. So, the means you guys are having your models hold 5 rounds from the factory?

What all do I have to do to make a CA model 7 rounds?

I am relatively new to the M4, but now I am even more confused.

Mine is a California bought model. It holds 3 in the tube and one in the chamber. I see that Dadams sells extensions to hold 7, using the factory spring.

However, the above posts refer to the extension adding 2 rounds, and can use the factory spring. So, the means you guys are having your models hold 5 rounds from the factory?

What all do I have to do to make a CA model 7 rounds?

Call Benelli and ask if your magazine spring is the same as the five round models. If so just order a seven round magazine tube. If not, order the correct spring from Benelli. It won't cost much. You can then order a seven round tube and you will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

i'll get started and jump in and say yes my east coast bought m4 holds 5 and my +2 extension is on the way. that makes 7 plus 1 in the chamber if you choose to live dangerously and 1 on the carrier arm. thats 9 to fill every possible space on the shotgun. which brings me to my question that caused me to join this knowledgeable forum. can you keep a cartridge on the carrier arm while 1 is in the firing chamber and the mag is full to capacity??? will the gun cycle correctly by having every possible space on the gun occupied with a cartridge. just got the m4 several days ago at an awsome gun show and paid & 1300.00 for her. she came with 2 stocks , the adjustable and the full pistol grip stock too. good price huh? nice to be here people with all my fellow benelli addicts. well at least i am. got the nova h2o the supernova from 2006 the m1 i sold and i plan on getting another m4 in febuary , if my wife don't throw me out first. but you see if i get another m4 and it looks eactly like my recent m4 purchase , all i got to do is keep it in the safe and only take 1 out at any given time. that just means i can't get the desert camo model. oh well another tactical black m4 won't be so bad. a good women and 2 m4's , i'm truly blessed.