any m4 guys out there know the answer to a shell capacity question???

mike4

i hear the phrase "the m4 holds 9 rounds" . they say yuou can keep a shell in every possible position. meaning a full7 in the mag tube , a shell in the firing chamber thats 8 rds , and my question is can you actually keep a shell in the position of being on the lifter arm? you know , the spot on the lifter in between the next round to come out of the magazine and the shell in the firing chamber. thats the 9 round capacxity positioning i heard about. i am worried that the m4 will not be able to cycle flawlessly with a shell in every position possible on the gun. i am new to semi auto's. my 2 year old rem 1100 tact 2 is still in the hard case i put it in when i brought it home. never shot this (my) m4 yet. i did take a couple of shots at the range with some guys gun he said i could try. not familiar with the m4 enough to know what it can and can't do. love my m4...:D thanks and happy holidays to all.