Legacy Sport Monte Carlo/ adjustable comb stock

madmanusa

I am trying to find a competition semi auto shotgun for trap and skeet shooting. I am stuck on if I should go with the Benelli Legacy Sport or the Berretta Tekny Gold trap. The one thing I really like on the bretta is the Monte Carlo/ adjsutable comb stock. Does anyone know if you can get the Legacy Sport with that kind of stock.

If Benelli does not have this option then I think I may have to go to the Beretta.

P.S. I find it strange if a gunmaker like Benelli makes a competition series shotgun with out that style of stock.

Madman

I am trying to find a competition semi auto shotgun for trap and skeet shooting. I am stuck on if I should go with the Benelli Legacy Sport or the Berretta Tekny Gold trap. The one thing I really like on the bretta is the Monte Carlo/ adjsutable comb stock. Does anyone know if you can get the Legacy Sport with that kind of stock.

If Benelli does not have this option then I think I may have to go to the Beretta.

P.S. I find it strange if a gunmaker like Benelli makes a competition series shotgun with out that style of stock.

Madman

Benelli does make more than one; it's just that they're adjustable by interchanging inserts and shims.

You're not looking at the right model (SuperSport/Cordoba) or maybe you only want a wood stock.

Benelli does make more than one; it's just that they're adjustable by interchanging inserts and shims.

You're not looking at the right model (SuperSport/Cordoba) or maybe you only want a wood stock.

I was kinda leaning torward a wood stock, I like the classic look. But now I am thinking of buying 2 because my son who is as tall as I am wants to get into it. So I think the SuperSport is the one i will get for him.

But I just am not sure which one to go with that has the wood classic look. I do not see a wood version in Benelli that has a raised cheek or monte carlo stock. Someone on another forum said Benelli does not make a trap gun. Well that seems strange. The suppersport is a trap or skeet gun. I just wanted a more classic looking gun that I can use for both trap and skeet fo myself.

When I decided to upgrade from my beginner O/U, I decided that I wanted to "learn" and grow-into one gun for trap, skeet and sporting clays. I chose the SuperSport. It was designed to be a sporting clays gun that could also be a decent trap & skeet gun. For many, the gun is too light and whippy to be a pure skeet gun and doesn't shoot high enough to be a pure trap gun. I've adjusted it to my liking and will probably add a little weight but, for me, it has become an extension of me and I'm glad to shoot it for everything clays.