Scope blew off of my new SBE II slug.gun..and

njpddet

Oh yea...Im pissed. Cabelas put on a brand new Nikon Slug Hunter 3 x 9 scope on my brand new SBEII Slug gun. After two days on the range and crapload of slugs (and cash spent on the slugs), the weaver base blew right off of the gun which was being fired on a lead sled. The scope blew to the ground. It is now at a gunsmiths getting fixed. Anyone have a similar incident happen? Any suggestions on why it happened. Once I find out the cause, Cabelas will be called. I am a GOOOOOOD customer with them. Any suggestions on the proper way to handle the situation would also be appeciated. Dave...broken hearted with little time before the season starts.

lead sleds are not good for your gun. if the recoil is not absorbed into your body, that means that your gun is taking a pounding as well as everything attached to it. Guns & Ammo magazine ran an article on them here a while back, a lot of people responded to with the complaint about them cracking the stock at the comb. they recomend that if you feel you have to use one, use a minimum of weight.:o