Nova or Supernova?

claymcdougald@hotmail.com

I was looking into buying an o/u for skeet shooting but found nothing I liked in my price range. Then I came across Benelli. I always thought they were to expensive until I looked at their website and found the Nova and Supernova. My question is should I buy a 12 gauge or 20 gauge. Like I said it will mainly be used for skeet shooting, and possibly turkey hunting. I only weigh in at 155 pounds. I have a Remington Model 870 20 gauge already. I'll probably put anywhere from 50-100 rounds through it at a time.

I was looking into buying an o/u for skeet shooting but found nothing I liked in my price range. Then I came across Benelli. I always thought they were to expensive until I looked at their website and found the Nova and Supernova. My question is should I buy a 12 gauge or 20 gauge. Like I said it will mainly be used for skeet shooting, and possibly turkey hunting. I only weigh in at 155 pounds. I have a Remington Model 870 20 gauge already. I'll probably put anywhere from 50-100 rounds through it at a time.

If your looking to burn some money then the Novas are great guns.

Your 870 will do just as good as a nova in skeet. Turkey hunting you might want to jump up to a 12 gauge.

I have 2 Novas (1 12 gauge, 1 20 gauge) and a Supernova turkey. Love them all.

I was looking for a new gun because the 870 I have is a youth model I bought a few years back to keep behind my seat in my truck. It only has a 20" barrel. I aso have a Winchester 1300 but I am trying to keep it in good shape.

In that case. **** yah for the Nova's

Couple of thoughts.

Get a full size stock and a 26" vent rib, choke tubed barrel for that 870 and you'll have a very nice 20 gauge pump gun. Try e-gunparts.com

Keeping a Winchester 1300 "in good shape?" Unless it has some sentimental value for you, this model gun is not normally considered highly sought after or real high value. Also, guns are made to be used. That's a working man's gun, and they work fine. I'd just use it.

For turkey, definitely use a 12 gauge.

• 2 weeks later...